Stingray City - Big Boat

CruiseDawg2001

Last time I was at Stingray City, I took a ship tour that crammed 40 people on a boat that would have been comfortbale with 10 at best. Once we got to the sandbar there was a larger boat next to us; it had large, open seating areas and what looked to me like a bar. I took a picture of it but had to delete it (I brought my laptop so I could take lots of photos then download them on a daily basis, only to discover I left the cord that connects the camera to the laptop at home) so I cant remember the name of it. Next time I am in Cayman I would love to visit the sandbar again, preferably on this vessel. Does anybody know the name of the ship or the tour operator?

Hi,

Don't recall it having a bar, but the crew always had fresh water and soft drinks onboard. You could sit fwd on the prow, aft in an open cabin or above the bridge. She was about a 35 footer coincidentally named the "Stingray", and I went out on her last year. She held about 25-30 people.

She has two ladders aft to get down into the water, and at 5"9" tall the water was just up to my chest even on a choppy day.

The guide/crew member who showed us how to feed the girls was in his late 20s and had been feeding them and swimming with them for over 20 years.

Ciao for now!!!

Archived