Need to get from the Port in Ft. Lauderdale to Miami Airport for an 8:00pm departure.

thetraveller28

One of the passengers will be a senior...wondering about suggestions for something light to do (maybe sightseeing?) for bus tours and the best bus service to take from the Port of Fort Lauderdale to Miami Airport for a 8:00 pm departure.

Thank you very much for your help.

p.s. cannot rent car

If there's no way you can rent a car you might want to hire a limo for the day. They can give you a customized tour and then get you to MIA. You're going to have several hours to kill. The cruise lines have excursions to the Everglades that include an airboat ride and then will drop you at either airport, but those drop you in the very early afternoon so I don't think that would work very well for you. The only other thing I can think of would be to get a day room at an MIA airport area hotel. Renting a car for the day is the best way to handle a flight that late, but if you can't and wanted to do some sightseeing then I'd hire a limo.

We use either Tri-County/Airport Express or Larry's Limo. For something like this I'd call Larry's if it were me.

Larry's Limo... http://larryslimo.com/

Tri-County/Airport Express... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Often cruiselines offer a nice sight-seeingtour including a drop-off at the airport.

You luggage can stay in the bus that way.

Check it with your cruiseline.

Often cruiselines offer a nice sight-seeingtour including a drop-off at the airport.You luggage can stay in the bus that way.

Ine, your absolutely right. The trouble is they drop you off at the airport after the tour between 1-2pm. The original posters flight does not leave until 8pm. Don't think that's what the original poster had in mind. Trents recommendation to hire a limo for the day makes the most sense. The OP could then go to South Beach, Saw Grass Mills, Las Olas, Miami Zoo or any other interesting sight (even Butterfly World!) in SoFla and be transported to FLL in time to catch their flight. ;)

Archived