2007 TransAtlantic Crossing?

RMS Olympic

Having read so much on this board as well on another site having to do with liners....I am interested in trying this ship for a crossing. I looked on the web site and found an April 2007 crossing listed, but not for January 2007 which is what I am interested in. The calendar has a gap in it which would fit a 6 day crossing so I am not sure what the situation is.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a Jan crossing like the one that just completed?

For those that really know this ship, can you suggest a specific CA (single for Caronia) to choose. I realize the cabins differ within the same category so I would like to get some suggestions.

many thanks.

Tom

Having read so much on this board as well on another site having to do with liners....I am interested in trying this ship for a crossing. I looked on the web site and found an April 2007 crossing listed, but not for January 2007 which is what I am interested in. The calendar has a gap in it which would fit a 6 day crossing so I am not sure what the situation is.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a Jan crossing like the one that just completed?

For those that really know this ship, can you suggest a specific CA (single for Caronia) to choose. I realize the cabins differ within the same category so I would like to get some suggestions.

many thanks.

Tom

The January 2007 crossing is listed as part of the World Cruise 2007. It is bookable through Cunard and various travel agents.

You WILL NOT be able to choose a specific cabin for 2007 if you are only doing a segment of the World. There was just too much confusion this year and Cunard could have sold more World Cruises, IF segments had not booked specific cabins.

You will only be able to book a guarantee. Pick a category and after final payment, Cunard will assign cabins for segments. When I left the ship on Wednesday, all M and C cabins had been booked and deposited for the ENTIRE world cruise. Only thing left were Grill cabins.

The January 2007 crossing is listed as part of the World Cruise 2007.

It's not listed at all on the Cunard US site, since from the US point of view, the world cruise begins in New York, not Southampton.

That said, it does of course exist.

all M and C cabins had been booked and deposited for the ENTIRE world cruise. Only thing left were Grill cabins.

If all the M and C cabins are already booked for the whole world cruise, than how are they selling M and C fares for the segments?

Or are they not, which means that anyone who wants to book this January crossing and not pay through the nose for a Grill cabin is stuck?

The January 2007 crossing is listed as part of the World Cruise 2007. It is bookable through Cunard and various travel agents.

You WILL NOT be able to choose a specific cabin for 2007 if you are only doing a segment of the World. There was just too much confusion this year and Cunard could have sold more World Cruises, IF segments had not booked specific cabins.

You will only be able to book a guarantee. Pick a category and after final payment, Cunard will assign cabins for segments. When I left the ship on Wednesday, all M and C cabins had been booked and deposited for the ENTIRE world cruise. Only thing left were Grill cabins.

Well we have an M-guarantee. So this means that we will likely get boosted to something nice unless there is a rash of cancellations. At the moment just the Winter Crossing is on the itinerary however may consider adding a portion and continuing on the cruise a bit if I don't take another cruise in 2006. We wanted to go on the QM2 in 2006 but with all of these differences being mentioned between the QM2 and QE2 we might forgo the QM2 for 2006 and do an extended QE2 then maybe just a quickie cruise with a pedestrian line somewhere just to get on the water.

If all the M and C cabins are already booked for the whole world cruise, than how are they selling M and C fares for the segments?

Or are they not, which means that anyone who wants to book this January crossing and not pay through the nose for a Grill cabin is stuck?

ONLY guarantees for M and C. I booked a C-5 guarantee on board. Onboard, 25% discount off early booking fares + $200 cabin credit and reduced deposit. After spending 1/2 hour with the cruise sales ladies, I got the feeling that if you booked a category you could live with, there would be more fabulous upgrades, unless there were mass cancellations.

The cruise sales lady tried to get me to book in P, so I could pick my cabin. I immediately said, "why should I pay for P, if my chances of getting P through an upgrade are pretty good since M and C are completely booked and deposited for the entire world." Her words-"pray for few cancellations".

Archived