Tour operator in St. Maarten

runeatcruise

I’m visiting St. Maarten for the first time from the Disney Wonder in January. Our port hours are 8:30 to 4:45. I’m looking for an island tour of the French and Dutch sides, half or full day. Does anyone have recent experience with Bernard’s Tours? Would you recommend? Do you have a different operator that you’d recommend instead? 

The only experience I have had with Bernard's is trying to get a refund for my deposit.  I had to cancel and had given a $10 deposit.  Not a big deal but it was like trying to pull teeth for the refund.  Had to file claim with PayPal then my deposit was credited.  It's the point.

19 minutes ago, jonsmom said:

The only experience I have had with Bernard's is trying to get a refund for my deposit.  I had to cancel and had given a $10 deposit.  Not a big deal but it was like trying to pull teeth for the refund.  Had to file claim with PayPal then my deposit was credited.  It's the point.

Okay, good to know. How long ago was that?

20 minutes ago, runeatcruise said:

Okay, good to know. How long ago was that?

I booked in May.  Cancelled in September.  Gave him about a week to credit me.  I sent a copy of my cc bill.  He kept asking for a confirmation#.  I was not given one.  Finally I had to reach out to PayPal.  The person I spoke to was not very customer friendly either.

34 minutes ago, jonsmom said:

I booked in May.  Cancelled in September.  Gave him about a week to credit me.  I sent a copy of my cc bill.  He kept asking for a confirmation#.  I was not given one.  Finally I had to reach out to PayPal.  The person I spoke to was not very customer friendly either.

Thanks!

Any other recent reviews of Bernard’s Tours, or do you have a different tour operator to recommend? 

We did Bernard's Tours last month and booked them again for next week, I posted some pictures here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2597200-orient-margot-maho-and-divi/

The link is on page 2 titled, Orient, Margot, Maho and Divi

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

3 hours ago, Life is Good Cruising said:

We did Bernard's Tours last month and booked them again for next week, I posted some pictures here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2597200-orient-margot-maho-and-divi/

The link is on page 2 titled, Orient, Margot, Maho and Divi

This is really helpful. Great post. Thanks! 

On 11/24/2018 at 10:28 PM, runeatcruise said:

Thanks!

Any other recent reviews of Bernard’s Tours, or do you have a different tour operator to recommend? 

I was in St.Maarten recently and used Twin Island Excursions Island tour. No deposit and I paid the entire amount while there. 

Bernard tours is the big fish there. 90+% of Cruise customers were booked with Bernard's. Twin Island doesn't run the island tour by themselves. We went and joined another bus which already had some other people on board. I am not sure if it was Bernard's bus or the bus was a 3rd party which is shared by all the tour companies. Irrespective, it was a good tour.

Bernard's tours focuses on the two main beaches (Orient and Maho). There is another tour operator, Jo Junie tours, that provides a two side tour with history, shopping, and a better over view (IMHO) of the Whole Island.  Jo Junie is highly rated on tripadvisor.com.

Whichever you choose you will have a good visit. Base your choice upon personal preference.

4 hours ago, cruising_along said:

I was in St.Maarten recently and used Twin Island Excursions Island tour. No deposit and I paid the entire amount while there. 

Bernard tours is the big fish there. 90+% of Cruise customers were booked with Bernard's. Twin Island doesn't run the island tour by themselves. We went and joined another bus which already had some other people on board. I am not sure if it was Bernard's bus or the bus was a 3rd party which is shared by all the tour companies. Irrespective, it was a good tour.

2 hours ago, bobdittes said:

Bernard's tours focuses on the two main beaches (Orient and Maho). There is another tour operator, Jo Junie tours, that provides a two side tour with history, shopping, and a better over view (IMHO) of the Whole Island.  Jo Junie is highly rated on tripadvisor.com.

Whichever you choose you will have a good visit. Base your choice upon personal preference.

Thank you both for the advice!