Can't Be Missed Tours

Julie227

I'm thinking of taking two tours with this company in July and I'm wondering if others have had experience with this tour company.  Is it reliable?  Are they easy to find when we get off the cruise ship?  I like that they have smaller tours (16-24 people).  I much prefer a smaller tour to a larger group.  We're planning on doing their Sorrento/Pompeii tour from Naples and then a day tour in Rome.

• 2 months later...

We used Can't Be Missed Tours a few years ago for a day tour of Rome from Civitavecchia and did not have the best experience.  There was no problem meeting the guide at the train station and we got into Rome with only a short train delay.  Our group had some people who did not speak English and therefore the guide had to do a lot of translating while we stood around waiting.  Our guide also seemed to spend a lot of time on her phone, again while we stood around waiting.  We did cover a lot in Rome and were happy with the sites that we visited but there were some folks who had purchased tickets to get inside the coloseum while the rest of us waited outside.  The guide did not stay with us for this time period and most of us just waited around for the rest of the group to join us, so lots of wasted time IMHO.  We have used Italy Tours on several other day outings in Italy and have been very pleased with their drivers and itineraries.  I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

We will be in Naples on a cruise.  Would like a cruise down the Amalfi Coast, stopping at 2-3 of the recommended villages with 1/2-1 hour time (once for a small lunch as we’ll eat later on Capri).  Then to be transported to Capri, where we would end the boat tour so we can spend the remainder of the day there.  Can you recommend a good company for this and approximate cost for the four of us?

Ahoy Julie227 

May we suggest the Pompeii, Sorrento,  & Positano tour that includes the Amalfi Coast with  https://italytours.eu/  from the Port of Naples...

We took this tour in October, 2018....   Oh my gosh!  We cannot say enough about the company, the itinerary,  the driver and the guide.    

We toured with about 12-16 persons in a small bus van.  We had a driver and a guide.  They met us at the ships terminal holding up their signs  where all the other guides  were picking up cruisers.   The guide spoke Italian and very The good English.  The mentioned tour also included a separate guide who met us at the Pompeii entrance gate.    We stopped at several photo op points for pictures also.  The only time that we did not have the guide with us, was when he dropped us off in Sorrento.    We agreed on a meeting time and place for returning to the van.  We were right in the town's pedestrian street with shops and eateries.  We choose a small cafe outdoor cafe and enjoyed the food and watched the world go by.....     Many of the cafes have outdoor blackboards with their specials.  We always try one of the local beers.     

Take a look at this tour at    https://italytours.eu/naples-tours-napplessorrentoamalfi/pompeii-sorrento-positano/

The cost  of the tour was 69 Euros, and it was worth every Euro and more....   It was an opportunity of a lifetime for us, and we are glad we did the tour.  We like Italytours so much that we are booked again in May.   

Dorothy 

Edited by Parrotheadtoo

We have been to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri, however, never south of Sorrento.  Would like a little time in Sorrento and then down the Amalfi Coast on a "boat."  I didn't see this type of tour with Italy tours.  The price for their tours is great though!!

Still hoping to find someone with a boat tour operator recommendation.