England v West Indies 3rd Test St Lucia February 9th 2019

carlisboy

Hi, I will be arriving in St Lucia on Britannia on the same day that the 3rd Test against the West Indies starts. Anyone else on board interested in going to the game for the day? If so we could research how best to get group tickets, transport etc. 

I've just posted about this myself, then saw your post. Maybe I should read down a bit more. Anyway, wondering about this myself. I'll keep checking this thread. Was wondering about just buying a day ticket before I go then getting a taxi to the ground for a few hours. Any idea where to buy tickets?

EWCB website, perhaps?

I hope it’s not too difficult for you to get tickets in advance.  I’m sure you’ll be able to get into the ground on the day but, like you, I’d like to get it organised before travelling

One thought - how about contacting Cosol tours, which everyone raves about, to see if they can help?

3 hours ago, Vizeman said:

I've just posted about this myself, then saw your post. Maybe I should read down a bit more. Anyway, wondering about this myself. I'll keep checking this thread. Was wondering about just buying a day ticket before I go then getting a taxi to the ground for a few hours. Any idea where to buy tickets?

Hi Vizeman and Eddie 11 thanks for joining the chat. Apparently tickets have been on sale since Nov 1st via the Westindies cricket website and Tripadvisor has excellent info re where to sit, facilities at the ground and travel to and from etc. Will be taking a closer look over the next few days and will post thoughts. 

Just decided to buy a couple of tickets for me and the wife. $35 each. Not to bad really.

Match starts at 10.00am so maybe get a few hours in and come out in plenty of time to avoid the rush and pick a taxi up.

Unless there are a few of us and maybe share a ride?

27 minutes ago, carlisboy said:

Hi, just wondering where you have bought the tickets for, which stand and block? My wife strangely seems more interested in swimming and sun bathing, weird. 

Bought the tickets through the link in the above post by eddie11. It's from the Kyazoonga website. We're in 

Johnson Charles Stand - Canaries Block 212 Row 13. I think I read somewhere that the Barmy Army are in block 204, but that was sold out.

To be perfectly honest I'm not a big cricket fan and my wife is even less of one. I don't mind watching England when it's a big game (ashes). But I thought it's a good opportunity to see them and it should be a great atmosphere. A nice sunny day with a few beers and a reggae beat!

Edited by Vizeman
more information

• 1 month later...