Dawn Itinerary Change out of NY 05/06

bjm1271

For those you have the "Round Trip from New York 2006-07" NCL Cruise book - the Dawn itinerary has been changed from what is listed in the book.

Original 7 Day Bahama trip included:

Port Canaveral

Miami

Great Stirrup Cay

Nassau

New 7 Day Bahama trip is:

King's Wharf, Bermuda

Great Stirrup Cay

Nassau

That change has been out for awhile.

http://www.ncl.com/news/pr/pr110105.htm

NORWEGIAN DAWN TO CALL IN BERMUDA IN 2006-07

Ship to also feature new 7-day fall itinerary featuring three Bahamian ports of call

MIAMI, October 31, 2005 - NCL Corporation ("NCL") today announced that its New York year round ship Norwegian Dawn will begin calling into Bermuda for the 2006-2007 summer seasons. Norwegian Dawn's new seven-day itinerary with calls both into Bermuda and the Bahamas is an industry exclusive and will feature a day in Bermuda, a day at NCL's private island Great Stirrup Cay and an overnight in Nassau.

The new seven-day itinerary leaves New York on Saturdays beginning May 13, 2006 and runs through the August 26, 2006 cruise. The itinerary is on sale now.

"Bermuda is an extremely popular cruise destination and is a favorite of cruise passengers," said Colin Veitch, NCL's president and CEO. "Cruising to Bermuda on one of our state-of-the art Freestyle Cruising vessels, combined with a visit to our private island and Nassau, is an unbeatable cruise vacation for those who want to experience wonderful, pristine beaches and fun in the sun."

After its new Bermuda/Bahamas season, Norwegian Dawn will then commence its previously published Canada/New England cruises.

On October 15, the ship sails a new seven-day itinerary featuring Florida and three ports in the Bahamas. The ship will call into Port Canaveral/Orlando; Grand Bahama, Bahamas; Great Stirrup Cay; and overnight in Nassau. NCL is offering this itinerary through the November 26, 2006 cruise. The on-sale date for this itinerary will be announced shortly. The ship then returns to its previously published 10- and 11-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.

NCL deployed Norwegian Dawn in New York year round in May of 2003. The move has been widely embraced by travel agents and consumers to the extent that NCL will homeport another ship year round in the Big Apple, Norwegian Spirit beginning in November. The company also deploys a seasonal ship, Norwegian Crown, in New York for the past two summer seasons.

Cruise passengers have an unprecedented amount of choice out of New York with NCL, including: 1-day cruises to nowhere-a great way to learn about an NCL ship; six-day cruises to Orlando and the Bahamas-perfect for families; seven-day cruises to Bermuda and the Bahamas; eight-day cruises to the Eastern Caribbean; and 10- and 11-day cruises to the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean.

For those passengers booked on the previously published Norwegian Dawn seven-day Florida/Bahamas itinerary who want to move to the six-day Florida/Bahamas itinerary on Norwegian Spirit will receive up to a three category upgrade or an onboard credit of $50. Otherwise, bookings will be moved to the new seven-day Bermuda/Bahamas itinerary with NCL protecting the original rate.

For those passengers booked on the previously published Norwegian Dawn 10- and 11-day Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries who want to move to the new Florida/Bahamas seven-day itinerary will receive the seven-day rate and up to a three category upgrade or receive an onboard credit of $50.

I am not thrilled with the new ports. Bermuda is great but I am not keen on the Bahamas. I would like to keep Miami and then I would love to try Key West.

I would really like to see NCL go to Canada out of NY during the summer months. September and October doesn't work for us. Carnival goes to Canada but they only do 4 and 5 night cruises.

Jeanne

It's easier for Carnival to go to more palces than NCL.

Carnival has 21 ships in service today. NCL has only 11 ships in service today, 12 ships in service this summer.

Of those 12 ships this summer, 3 will be sailing in Hawaii, 3 in Alaska, 3 will be sailing from New York ( 2 to Bahamas and 1 to Bermuda), 1 in the Mediterrean, 1 in the Baltic, and 1 sailing from Boston sailing to Bermuda.

If NCL had 9 more ships, I would expect at least 1 would be sailing to Canada too.

I would love to sail to Bermuda and the Bahamas, but not in the summer. We are taking RCCL Explorer for 5 nights to Bermuda from NY in October because the NCL Crown and Majesty are too old and too small. When the Majesty is replaced some day, then we will be thrilled to sail out of Boston again. I also wish the Dawn would do the NE Canada route in the summer and do the Bahamas and Bermuda in the Fall.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Another reason we opted out of the Dawn 's new itinerary is the docking area in Bermuda is King's Wharf, which is far from all the action. You are forced to take a shuttle, etc. Celebrity's smaller ships ( Zenith or Horizon ) birth right in town and you simply walk off. If we are going to " do " Bermuda, we prefer to do just Bermuda properly, enjoying the varied beaches, golf, etc.

Also, essentially two " days " in Nassau for us is just too much. Having been there several times, we want something different. Often we have chosen the Dawn for the ship herself, not necessarily the ports of call. I.e. when she went to Canaveral, we simply stayed on board and enjoyed all the services available ( spa, pools uncrowded, banter with crew, lunch with the " brass " we had come to know, VERY relaxing day ...). To rush to Disney / Universal, jammed into buses, limited time there, just did not cut it.

JOHO,

Terry

Archived