Reggae Beach

skolega

Has anyone been to Reggae Beach? We are thinking of doing the river tubing and then having our guide take us to Reggae Beach. The rest of our group will go to Dunns River Falls. Is Reggae Beach on the way to Dunns River Falls? Is there any snorkeling at Reggae? Food services? Lots of questions I know!!

:cool: HI,

reggae beach i should say is one of the less popular on these boards,

and to me is one of the most beautiful i think you should give it a try, it sure is one of the best sites for snorkeling and the food is great.

you'll get the best in local dishes and see food.

:rolleyes: I prsonally love this beach ooh before i forget the sand is beautiful.

It's more beautiful than the most reccomended, LOcation it's actually closer to the tubing area.

One Love.;)

Marva...You are correct, there is little talk about Reggae Beach on the boards. For my family of 6 this sounds like the place for us to spend the day. Peace and tranquility. Can you answer a few questions for me?

Are there washrooms available at the beach?

Is the entrance fee still $5 per person?

Will there be many vendors on the beach?

Thanks..Ken

:cool: Ok,

it's good to know that i can be of help.

yes there are wash rooms at the beach the entrance fee the last time i checked was still $5 which is not bad at all.

there were about 2 vendors they limity the amount of vendorsd on the beach which is not bad also.

These vendors were mostly selling coconuts and a few pieces of wodden crafts.

and of course there is a bar and a restaurant on the beach.

Check it out.

One Love.:) :rolleyes:

Lemongirl65,

I would suggest e-mailing the tour guides directly as there are several reputable ones out there. Marva has been very good with me at returning e-mail correspondence and we will be using her. There was also a recent post on this board with listings of independent tour guides that could help in your search.

I have read on the boards that if you take a taxi make sure they have the JUTA license plate. Not too sure if there will be taxis readily available for the return from Reggae Beach?

This sounds like a great beach, not commercialized, so do not expect much as far as water sports goes. We will be bringing our own snorkel gear. One more thing, I think that there is an area of the beach that is clothing optional. We have already spoken to our children about this and just plan on being near the other side of the beach. No problem!

Upon your return please let us know how you enjoyed Reggae Beach.

You should use Marva shaw to transport you to and from the beach and she will take you whereever else you might want to go. Her bus/van is clean and she is professional and punctual! Her email is knowjam@yahoo.com and she is great about emailing and doing the planning with you!

We used her when we spent a week in Jamaica and she was terrific, as was her driver and staff! Have a great time!

Marci

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

We just came off an MSC cruise and visited Reggae Beach in Ocho Rios. We wanted to visit Bamboo Beach Club because we enjoyed it in the past, but it was closed the day our ship was in port. Our driver Horace Taylor took us to Reggae Beach. We've been to Jamaica many times, and this by far was the best time. We spent the day with our chairs in the water eating lobster and drinking Red Stripe beer and rum. The staff was great- they had a special staff member playing with our children so we could relax, eat, drink and listen to the great reggae music.

We're sailing for the first time on RCCL. We were wondering about Reggae Beach or Bamboo Beach. Didn't find any info thru the Royal Caribbean or Celebrity website. Anyone have info - websites, photos, videos??? Also, is the transportation safe?

These are links to videos of bamboo beach club which is located at reggae beach: http://www.youtube.com/watchv=1vq4QtMfX6Q and

- they should give you an idea of what Reggae Beach looks like. The beach is long and Bamboo Beach Club is only a part of it. They have a few bars and really cool staff. Alfonso (in the video) is their famous bartender who makes mean drinks!! Also found their website with more photos - www.bamboobeachclub.com . Hope this helps!

Thanks - The videos were great! It feels like what we are looking for in Jamaica. We already contacted the website and booked our group for next week. They charged a deposit and they're picking us up at the pier. I'm taking my laptop with me and will let you know how it is. I can't wait to get there!

• 2 years later...

So, are there two different areas at Reggae Beach? Someone mentioned Bamboo Beach is on Reggae Beach...I am confused!

Also, how much would you say we should budget for food/drink for the day for 6 people (4 adults who will indulge in adult beverages plus 2 teenagers)?

We are SO excited to be leaving in 9 days for our cruise on Voyager!!! And even more excited to meet your son, Marva...if you are reading this!

Everything's Irie Mon!

• 1 year later...
:cool: HI,

reggae beach i should say is one of the less popular on these boards,

and to me is one of the most beautiful i think you should give it a try, it sure is one of the best sites for snorkeling and the food is great.

you'll get the best in local dishes and see food.

:rolleyes: I prsonally love this beach ooh before i forget the sand is beautiful.

It's more beautiful than the most reccomended, LOcation it's actually closer to the tubing area.

One Love.;)

You mentioned it was great for snorkeling...can you walk in off shore to snorkel or is there a boat involved (they make me seasick). I was also told the rocks & corals make it impossible to snorkel without cutting up your legs. Please advise. Going April 2024 on freedom