Rotterdam question....

AliceS

On 2/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, CM1984 said:

Did you find the refrigerator was in the way?  Where did they place it?  Thanks.

We rented a fridge for our lanai on Veendam.  It was placed under the desk. It was a bit crowded, but we like to keep our preferred beverages and snacks chilled.  It’s nice to pop into our room, pour an adult beverage and watch the world sail by.  We will be on the same cruise as you, but after going back and forth opted for an aft vista for this short cruise. 

I am am sure you will love the lanai.  We enjoyed the deck and had fantastic neighbors who helped to make the 14 day voyage even more special.  Another advantage is making friends with those who are strolling around the promenade deck.  We hope to book one again soon.  

On 2/18/2019 at 11:49 AM, Hflors said:

I have no doubt that you will love it!!!

would you happen to know(or can make an educated guess-timate on how far is it from the plugs on the desk to the nite stand by the bed.)  I use a small portable oxygen machine only at night.    Thanks so much

51 minutes ago, roneetsa said:

would you happen to know(or can�make an educated guess-timate on how far is it from the plugs on the desk to the nite stand by the bed.)� I use a small portable oxygen machine only at night.� � Thanks so much

We had a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam in March, 2018.   I use a CPAP machine.  I bring a European plug adapter (not a converter) and a plain and simple 15 ft regular extension cord;  no surge protector.   It reaches the night table on the left side of the bed with plenty to spare.   Every morning, before the breakfast is delivered, I coil up the cord and stuff it into the bottom drawer of the night table.  Even a 10 or 12 ft extension cord will work OK.   I use the 220 volt outlet at the desk for the CPAP and the 120 volt outlet for my laptop.

The power outlets at the desktop have both U.S. and European plugs. We have a short U.S. cord with the outlets for low-current chargers. Be sure you don't bring one with a surge protector: I understand HAL staff will confiscate it. 

11 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

We had a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam in March, 2018.   I use a CPAP machine.  I bring a European plug adapter (not a converter) and a plain and simple 15 ft regular extension cord;  no surge protector.   It reaches the night table on the left side of the bed with plenty to spare.   Every morning, before the breakfast is delivered, I coil up the cord and stuff it into the bottom drawer of the night table.  Even a 10 or 12 ft extension cord will work OK.   I use the 220 volt outlet at the desk for the CPAP and the 120 volt outlet for my laptop.

I carry a 9 foot cord that seems to work on HAL ships if I sleep on the side of the bed closest to the desk.  However, be sure to bring only a regular extension cord, not one with a surge protector built in as some cruise lines don't allow the surge protector versions.

Thank you all so very much for the information about the  extension cords and size of the cabins.  I am so grateful for the help.  It is one less thing for me to fret about.  I figure the more you know before you go the better!   I will now continue with the packing.      again....THANK YOU:classic_biggrin: