Several Magnifica Questions

Italian_Cruiser

Hi fellow cruisers, I've been here a lot lurking around until today :)

I already cruised 1x with MSC (Splendida) and 2x with Costa (2x Luminosa) so I already somewhat know what to expect.

I'm booked on the New Year's Eve Cruise departing Genoa on the 26th, and I have some questions, I would be tankful if someone is able to answer some of the following:

1. Restaurants (1) - which one is better? L'edera (Deck 5) or Quattro Venti (Deck 6)?
  2. Restaurants (2) - anyone got luck to have a table for two for the dinner (I'm fantastica)? Are many available or just few?
  3. Restaurants (3) - anyone went to the oriental plaza with the pre-paid package? What's included?
  4. SPA (1) - I'm keen to purchase 76£/person for 11 days/10 nights (yes... I'm Italian but I work in London so £ prices...), what is the price on board? Any chance to score the cruise pass for less?
  5. SPA (2) - Ship is nearly full capacity (>10 cabins available 4 weeks prior to departing), will be the SPA actually usable or it will be extremely crowded?
  6. Cabin - I will be cruising in cabin 10247 - facing the wake of the ship - does anyone have any picture of the cabin? I'm especially curious about the balcony size (should be bigger than average?)
  7. Drink package - I've been able to purchase a package of cruise + classic package - after the packageGATE of the last week anyone had any issue on utilizing the old packages on board?

Thanks in advance for your kind answers :)

12 hours ago, Italian_Cruiser said:

Hi fellow cruisers, I've been here a lot lurking around until today :)

I already cruised 1x with MSC (Splendida) and 2x with Costa (2x Luminosa) so I already somewhat know what to expect.

I'm booked on the New Year's Eve Cruise departing Genoa on the 26th, and I have some questions, I would be tankful if someone is able to answer some of the following:

1. Restaurants (1) - which one is better? L'edera (Deck 5) or Quattro Venti (Deck 6)? Neither they are both standard MDRs 
  2. Restaurants (2) - anyone got luck to have a table for two for the dinner (I'm fantastica)? Are many available or just few? We were given a table for four, didn't see many tables for two.
  3. Restaurants (3) Anyone went to the oriental plaza with the pre-paid package? What's included? Don't know
  4. SPA (1) - I'm keen to purchase 76£/person for 11 days/10 nights (yes... I'm Italian but I work in London so £ prices...), what is the price on board? Any chance to score the cruise pass for less?  Don't know
  5. SPA (2) - Ship is nearly full capacity (>10 cabins available 4 weeks prior to departing), will be the SPA actually usable or it will be extremely crowded?  Don't know
  6. Cabin - I will be cruising in cabin 10247 - facing the wake of the ship - does anyone have any picture of the cabin? I'm especially curious about the balcony size (should be bigger than average?) See below
  7. Drink package - I've been able to purchase a package of cruise + classic package - after the packageGATE of the last week anyone had any issue on utilizing the old packages on board?  Don't know

Thanks in advance for your kind answers :)

I had the exact same cabin on the repositioning cruise 5 weeks ago.

The balcony is a bit bigger than a standard balcony.

here are some pictures of the cabin and balcony

P1070321-001.JPG

P1070322-001.JPG

P1070323-001.JPG

P1070325-001.JPG

P1070326-001.JPG

P1070327-001.JPG

Hope this helps

Pete

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skier52 said:

I had the exact same cabin on the repositioning cruise 5 weeks ago.

The balcony is a bit bigger than a standard balcony.

here are some pictures of the cabin and balcony

Hope this helps

Pete

Thanks Pete, appreciated.

You had any issue in the cabin during your cruise (noise, vibrations, ...)?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Italian_Cruiser said:

Thanks Pete, appreciated.

You had any issue in the cabin during your cruise (noise, vibrations, ...)?

Thanks!

We did get some vibration plus a small amount of noise when the ship maneuvered in port.

We also noticed, at certain speeds/propeller revs, a side to side rock at a frequency of 1 to 2 times a second. We have experienced this 'rock' on other ships, again at certain speeds/propeller revs. I think it must be caused by the vortexes of the props interacting with each other and pushing the ship to give the rock.

Pete 

4 hours ago, Skier52 said:

We did get some vibration plus a small amount of noise when the ship maneuvered in port.

We also noticed, at certain speeds/propeller revs, a side to side rock at a frequency of 1 to 2 times a second. We have experienced this 'rock' on other ships, again at certain speeds/propeller revs. I think it must be caused by the vortexes of the props interacting with each other and pushing the ship to give the rock.

Pete 

Thanks - you're not the first claiming about the rocking of the ship - so I guess it's a shipwide problem.