Golf in GC

Johnny Cruiser

DH and I just golfed the Hyatt Brittania on Jan 9. It is an all right course. We had a great time with our golf pro's. We brought our own clubs with us but the Nike clubs are of very good quality.

We only golfed the 9 holes because the Inspiration was only in port from 7am - 2 pm and the last tender is at 1:00.

The pro's get you off the ship, into a taxi and onto the course - you do not have to worry about a thing!

It is a great golf excursion - the course in Mexico is even better!

We actually did not play in Cozumel - Carnival is for the time being taking the golf excursions to the mainland to Iberostar Golf Course in Playa Del Carmen.

It was amazing - very, very nice course. The course is very well kept, excellent service and the deep bunkers and large greens keep it a challenge but not too difficult.

Are you going on the Inspiration?

Our pro's Jim and Dave were great - the golfing made our entire cruise!

We're going on the Miracle next month. I was attracted to the $99 price for GC including clubs. I assume it's just the 9 holes you get for the price. Can you do another 9 if time permits? Are carts included?

Cheshyrkat: The reason I posted here is because I was interested in specific details about Carnival's package.

It seems, due to technical issues, you can't book ahead so I guess we'll keep an open mind and talk to the pro when we get aboard.

Thanks for the feedback... Cheers!

Sounds like it is all inclusive Cruznlobo - thats why I jumped on the $99. However, the course is only 9 holes full length plus 18 executive. I would guess that the package only includes the full 9. Still a good deal IMHO... I'm inquiring with Carnivalgolf.com

Thanks again bellera for the info and np Cheshyrkat... it's all good :)

The Inspiration had 10 sets of right handed clubs and 2 sets of left.

We golfed 4 - 18's onboard in the simulator as well with the Nike clubs.

This is the one highlight of our cruise! I cannot say enough about our pro's. They even took DH and my clubs back to the ship for us in GC so that we could have a couple hours in town before we set sail!

• 4 months later...

Any updates? Did you play? How was the course? Regular ball or Cayman ball? Would you recommend it? What is name of course? We would have to do on our own as RCCL does not offer as excursion here. Didn't know Carnival had such a great golf program. Very interesting. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Archived