Info on QE Botanic Gardens???

SmootyBoo

The QE Botanic Park is not a place where you are likely to find taxi drivers waiting to pick up a fare. If you choose the option of a taxi, you will probably need to pay your driver to wait for you. Could get costly.

As for most visits to the eastern districts, I would strongly urge you to consider renting a car for your own transportation needs. It's really not so difficult to drive on the left, and greatly simplifies return transportation.

I'd also rent a car. You'll enjoy the drive to the gardens. Plus, with your own car, you cant stop along the way and explore a bit. Driving is very easy. We had a car with the steering wheel on the left. Traffic also does not go that fast, and the drivers are very courteous. The one thing about going to the gardens, is you are going away from where all the traffic congestion is. It's really a nice drive.

If you do rent a car, be sure and stop at Pure Art. It's on the corner of South Church Street & Denham-Thompson Way just one mile South of George Town's centre. It's an old house that's been converted into a shop. The front of the shop faces Denham-Thompson Way. They had everything from painting, and pictures, to Christmas ornaments. I found some really cute cross stitched hand towels there. It's all things from local artists. I didn't find another shop like this one. It was really nice.

If you do drive, watch carefully for the road you need to turn on to get to the gardens. It's not as big as I thought it would be, and we nearly drove past it. The day we were there, there was a tanker (trailer only-not attached to the cab) that was sitting on the side of the road where you need to turn. It looked like it had been there for a while, and was a good marker. This road was a little past the Lighthouse restaurant, which would be a good place to stop for a bite to eat.

The garderns was one thing I wanted to do, but never got around to it. We slipped into "lazy" mode the week we were there. It was so relazxing! The garderns in on my list for the next trip there.

We rented from Andy's. They'd probably pick you up at the pier, and then drop you off later. Tell them you saw their ad in Cayman Activity Guide, and they'll give you a 10% discount (we picked our guide up in the airport, but you could probably go to their website and print a coupon).

http://www.andys.ky/

Have a great time!!!

Archived