Need help/?

brtls5

I have a question that I'm not sure of the answer.  I've tried to do some research and didn't find a clear answer.  I am currrently booked on the Valor for ext. aft balcony rooms 8457 and 8459.  Myself, my husband, 3 children and grandbaby are sharing those rooms with 3 of us per room.  My son may not be able to go now due to work schedules.  If I cancel him, that would leave 2 people in the room.  Does that mean they would move the rest of us to a different room?  I wasn't sure what would be comparable if they did?  I'm trying to decide if I should just financially take the loss and not check him in or if I should cancel him.  I have not paid in full yet and I don't have the names listed yet.  So I think  I would only be out the deposit.   I really wanted aft balconies for both rooms and I really wanted the rooms next to each other. I know this a risk that happens when you book 370 days in advance.  I am just trying to weigh my options of what I should do.   Thanks

Options off the top of my head:

1-370 days out is a heck of a long time to know that his work schedule won't allow him to make the trip. At 370 days out if there absolutely, positively no way he could make it, swap with someone?  Hate to be flip but unless he is an astronaut either going to or coming from the International Space Station, I would think something could be done.  If not, what kind of company is that to work for that something can't be worked out over a year away!

2-assume he will be able to go take out cancel for any reason insurance for him

3-you still have almost 310 days to pay in full  without penalty. you could give it time. 

4-with no names listed, if he absolutely knows right now he won't be able to make it,, drop him completely out of the plans and put another relative in his place. How much is his portion of the deposit in order to know what to do 

5-other cruisers will have some great suggestions, so hang in there!

• Like 1