San Juan Tour Guides?

gquest

Dear Fellow Cruise Critic Members,

I need your insightful help once again. I am interested in doing a tour at night of Old San Juan, but I am still not sure if I can make it to Debbie's tour ("Legends of PR") on time and she doesn't offer a refund if the ship is late (see policy below). Does anyone know of another tour operator besides Debbie of "Legends of PR"? Thank you in advance.

Policy: "No refund when a cruise ship does not dock or docks late in the San Juan Port. We have reserved and guaranteed the date and schedule for you; therefore, not accepting business from other clients."

Dear Fellow Cruise Critic Members,

I need your insightful help once again. I am interested in doing a tour at night of Old San Juan, but I am still not sure if I can make it to Debbie's tour ("Legends of PR") on time and she doesn't offer a refund if the ship is late (see policy below). Does anyone know of another tour operator besides Debbie of "Legends of PR"? Thank you in advance.

Gguest,

I don't know of any other operators, but I can vouch for the ease of making it to Debbie's tour on time. Even if you don't dock until 5:00, the meeting place is only a 5 minute walk from the exit of the cruise ship dock. Apparently, the Liberty has been docking at 4:00 or earlier since she started sailing this route, we made it at 3:30 even considering we didn't leave FLL until after 5:00 (our sailing time was supposed to be 4:00). We had a great time on Debbie's tour and would do it again next time we go to San Juan.

I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Just back from the Triumph and took the Legends Night tour with Debbie and it was great! Our ship was set to arrive at 5pm (Miami time, we never left Miami time) and tour start at 6pm San Juan time. Due to weather they said we would be an hour late, needless to say I began to stress (DH says I'm very good at it). Well, we actually arrived at 4:30. It took maybe 5 minutes to arrive at the meeting spot from the ship. Very easy to find. Take a couple of quarters with you, your voucher says to call if running late & they'll catch you up with the tour. The Sheraton Hotel where you meet has payphones 10 feet from the meeting place. Also, have you ever been on a tour that left RIGHT on time? :o It was a really fun and interesting tour. Debbie really knew her stuff. Be SURE to wear comfortable shoes.

Hi, I have noticed that you have posted this same complaint about potentially not making the tour and not getting a refund several times, and I do not understand why you are making a issue about something has never been a problem, just ask your Cruise line.:confused:

I went on the trip and had a great time, even though my ship was scheduled to come in just about the same time the tour left. I was prepared to use the instructions that Legends tour left about catching up with the tour, but did not have to use them.

These kinds of tours are pretty special, intimate, detailed, lots of walking and perhaps you need to stay on your ship, if you need so many guarantees.

If you want a tour that starts with Columbus, has a few pirates thrown in there, a little private building tours and ending up with spectacular views of the harbor and lovely houses then this is a great tour. Debbie’s love of Sand Juan and its history just shone throughout the tour, and added a touch of sincerity that you rarely find in such a busy tourist spot.

Hi, I have noticed that you have posted this same complaint about potentially not making the tour and not getting a refund several times, and I do not understand why you are making a issue about something has never been a problem, just ask your Cruise line.:confused:

I went on the trip and had a great time, even though my ship was scheduled to come in just about the same time the tour left. I was prepared to use the instructions that Legends tour left about catching up with the tour, but did not have to use them.

These kinds of tours are pretty special, intimate, detailed, lots of walking and perhaps you need to stay on your ship, if you need so many guarantees.

If you want a tour that starts with Columbus, has a few pirates thrown in there, a little private building tours and ending up with spectacular views of the harbor and lovely houses then this is a great tour. Debbie’s love of Sand Juan and its history just shone throughout the tour, and added a touch of sincerity that you rarely find in such a busy tourist spot.

Hi HappyCruiser2006,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Just out of curiosity, what ship were you on? Also, I have called Carnival, my cruiseline, and it is very difficult to get answers out of them concerning arrival times. I am questioning the quality of the tour, in fact, it is quite the opposite. I am however questioning the cancellation policy, which in my opinion, is not very accommodating to cruisers.

On past cruises, due to bad weather or other circumstances, the ship could not dock in port and therefore I missed my booked tours. This wasn't a problem though because all of the operators I booked with had a policy that was accommodating to cruisers and therefore I received a full refund.

I am very interested in this tour and I am sure Debbie is a great operator; I just think her cancellation policy stinks. In any case, thank you for your experience and I will report back on my experience.

gquest makes a valid point that the policy is not accomodating to cruisers. This is a true statement. He's not bashing her tour in any way, just her policy.

I want to book my parents on this excursion as well, but if I find something else comparable- with a more reassuring policy- then I would likely book with them.

She can run her buisness this way, and that's fine. I'm sure she's not hurting for people eager to take her tour, so it's likely in her best interest. I just wish it were different.

Archived