Mexican Riviera snorkeling

tequilamary

Hi everyone and thanks for all the reviews and comments about the Star, it is great to read about your experiences. I have heard a couple things about snorkeling, but wondering if I can get anymore comments or reviews of snorkeling at Cabo. I've been looking at excursions to Chileno Bay, Santa Maria Cove and a "snorkel and sail fiesta" to Pelican Rock. Those look the most interesting to me. Has anyone done them?? I also know we could probably find someone else not sold by the ship to take us out, has anyone done that? Thanks for any comments!! Lynn

I really enjoyed the "Sail & Snorkel" tour offered by Princess last May.

Went to Santa Maria Bay which was beautiful. Very clear and protected small bay. Nice clean beach. Live coral. Not crowded. Saw a lot of the same fish I see in Hawaii. I didn't think the water was too cold (but then I'm from N. Calif!). Only an hour in the water, but still worth it. Going again next time.

I've heard Chileano be is also nice, but less protected and a little rougher.

Hope this is the kind of info you were looking for...

you can do the snorkeling on your own and save money in CABO

when you get off the tender there will be vendors there..

they will loan you the snorkel gear for like 7 or 10 $ and then you can take a water taxi to lovers beach.. its so much cheaper

and you can stay there as long as you want ( before the ship leaves)

the snorkel tours sold on the ship are for only like 1 hour in the water. not worth it. and the view from there is awesome... and theres vendors there selling pacifico for 1 $

its so worth it..

good luck

The snorkeling is not good at Lover's Beach or Pelican Rock. Too much traffic, water is not very clear and not much variety of fish. Santa Maria Bay sounds promising based on above post. It is fun to ride around the rocks on a water taxi to the rough Pacific side though.

Archived