Millennium Eastern Caribbean - Opinions of past cruisers?

42trvl

Can't wait to hear what you decide neighbor. (fyi...my husband works in Allendale!) [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

BTW..Sorry if I took over your thread a bit with my own questions LOL. I just realized that I butted in here with my own questions and answers [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. Anyway, let us know which ship you choose and I'll do the same. Maybe we'll be sailing together [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]. And thanks so much for all the great info on the kids' programs!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call. Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall. You've seen it all, you've seen it all." Jimmy Buffett

Cruises:
RCCL Song of America May 1994
Grand Princess April 2003
Golden Princess April 2004

Next Cruise:
Diamond Princess April 2005

AmyBeth68, don't worry about butting in - that's what helps keep the discussion going and makes these boards so helpful (usually, anyway...) Interestingly enough, family and I were talking about this cruise tonight, and my husband really doesn't care to try the Mariner at this point in our lives. Not that I couldn't convince him, but don't know if I want to. So, it looks like we will be on the 4/24 sailing of the Millennium.

If you want, you can e-mail me at: [email]TRVL44@aol.com[/email] when you decide what you'll be doing or if you want more specific info about the kids' programs on our most recent sailing (I may have kept a schedule).

Just a thought, but if you're thinking seriously about this cruise you might want to book something just to have. FV and/or connecting cabins are fairly limited. Hope to meet you somewhere in the Caribbean... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks so much for your help. I'll definitely let you know what we decide....which will be soon. My husband returns from a business trip tomorrow and we plan to call our TA, possibly to book on the Millie. I will keep you posted [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call. Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall. You've seen it all, you've seen it all." Jimmy Buffett

Cruises:
RCCL Song of America May 1994
Grand Princess April 2003
Golden Princess April 2004

Next Cruise:
Diamond Princess April 2005

42-trvl, I have to say that when I was on "Explorer" that i never saW any lines. The ship is so much larger, so much WIDER, that you notice it on your first stroll around the ship. We never felt crowded on it, and people remarked about this aspect all throughout the cruise; it was hard to believe that there were 3000 people on board! It felt like a normal-sized ship that was on half full. And the kids program was terrific. You just never saw them, as they had their own area of the ship; it was that huge. Only saw the kids at the evening meal with their parents. I loved the "Explorer," but they still can't beat the food on Celebrity ships!

bovs - thanks for some more insight. While we did love our Summit cruise, I will say that I wasn't thrilled by the food. It was fine enough, but nothing special, so I won't let that be the deciding factor on what cruise line to pick. As long as we know we're not going hungry, and that hardly seems to be an issue on any cruise, we wouldn't pick a ship based on the food. At some point, I would definitely like to try a Voyager class ship, just not sure when - I'm just wondering if the kids (and us) wouldn't appreciate it more when they are a bit older. Did you have your own kids with you on the Explorer?

42trvl- No, my youngest is now 39, and I am retired. But I am always aware of kids around me, mainly because I have 11 grandchildren, and love watching kids. Well, on the "Explorer Of The Seas," we literally didn't see any during the day after breakfast. That ship is so much bigger and WIDER, that they have their own part of the ship, including pool, to go to, and the kids staff kept them busy all day. It was amazing! No kids jumping in you hot tub with you, or running about the ship uncontrolled, or making noise when you wanted to read quietly, or take a nap in your chair. The only time we saw them was at evening meals. And I did some checking with some of the parents, and they all reported that their kids told them they were having a great time with the activiities that the staff were providing. I'm guessing, if you go to the RCCL boards, you will read those kind of reviews about the kids program. The end result was that the parents and kids were happpy, and those without kids were happy too.The kids had fun, the parents had more time to themselves, and the people who didn't have kids on the cruise had more peace and quiet and less less disruption. I got a lot of reading in, and some great naps! As much as I enjoy Celebrity, I loved the "Explorer Of The Seas."

Archived