Grand Princess Televised Sports

rsddbd

Does anyone know if the Grand Princess televises any American sports? My husband is a huge college basketball fan. He is concerned about being on a cruise during March madness. Does anyone know if they carry ESPN or other similar channels?

Thanks!

Rebecca

When we were on the Grand several years ago, we were on the ship in January and the football playoffs were on. The funny thing about it was the no commercials were aired - all we got was the talk between the announcers and the broadcast booths during the timeouts. And the announcing seemed so different than what I got on the TV back home. I think there is a sports bar on the ship with ESPN on it. Because I am an avid NASCAR fan, I am taking my satellite radio with me on my next cruise in 8 weeks as it should broadcast the races from anywhere on the planet (I hope). I missed my races on past cruises and will not miss another one. I know that there is EPSN (the latin edition) on our cabin TV's in the Caribbean which showed a lot of soccer (but that was okay as my college-age son is a soccer player). Wish I had more information.

Ray and Barbara

Snookers bar was playing ESPN on their screens when we were in there the other night. They also showed at least the end of the Steelers/Colts game on the MUTS screen on Sunday. I wasn't out there for the whole thing, so I don't know if they showed the whole game.

Last week, they showed the whole Panther's game on the MUTS screen and all the other games were shown on cabin tvs (my hubby locked himself in the cabin to watch the Steelers game). You do get ESPN but sometimes it has a spanish feed so you hear both english and spanish spoken. Takes a few minutes to get used to but it's fine. They had the Australian Open on the past few days.

Karen

• 1 month later...

Archived