Seaside help - new cruiser in need of help

bhook2650

I haven't been on a cruise for about 15 years so I'm not familiar with procedures. I'm trying to book our flight to and from Miami but don't know what time we will be off the ship to book our flight home. I know there must be procedures. For those that have to catch a flight early, do they let you get off earlier then others? We will be coming into port at 7am. Thanks in advance for help.

Seaside is usually one of the first ships back into Port Miami during the wee hours of the morning (like 4am early). And usually, those passengers who self carry their luggage are off the ship well before 8am. However, anything can happen; during one of our cruises the winds were high which kicked up the wave action in the area - our ship that year MSC Divina didn't pull into port until a little after 9am. Fortunately for us, we either hang out in Miami or Disney World for a 2 or 3 days after our family cruises so it wasn't a big deal us. But, even if we do fly out the same day as we disembark the ship, I always plan to fly later in the day. Getting through airport security and just the hassle of travel is bad enough, but going from a luxury liner to the TSA line at MIA is enough to make a grown man cry at 8:30am on a Saturday morning.

Same for us -- no problems (knock wood) on four cruises easily off and through customs within an hour (self-carry luggage).  Last time got a maniac (in a good way) cab driver that got us to airport in fifteen when we told him we'd like to get there quickly!  Don't remember any stressful TSA lines (also with carry-on only, no checked bags).  Most kiosk checkin for luggage goes pretty quickly.