Bidding help on Priceline and Orbitz

I knew that this question has been asked and answered at least a million times but I cannot find a link with the website.

I am looking for the website that tells you exactly which hotels are in which areas on Priceline. It also identifies hotels on Orbitz.

I believe the website is something like

biddingisfun.com

Please help! I know that we have all used the site before.

Thanks,

Melissa

Days remaining until Christmas on the Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;21;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My personal favorite is betterbidding.com, but there's also biddingfortravel.com. Use the two together and you'll do just fine.

I just used Priceline for the first three times within the past 2 weeks. Been very happy with how I've done. icon_biggrin.gif

Namaste,

Heather

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Until we sail on the Triumph ~ 9/18/04 - Roll Call

pleasedontstealmethanks.gif

Just remember that new hotels are added all the time so there is a possibility of getting a hotel that is not previously noted.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

My only problem with Priceline is that DH and I like lots of room, so we either get a king bed or 2 queen beds when we travel. Priceline won't let you request the number or size of the beds, will they? Also, what if you are travelling with your kids and HAVE to have 2 beds?

Sue

Our First Cruise! Pride 3/21/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;3;21;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

dolphinsun.gif

While PL does not allow you to chose a room type I have never had a problem with calling the hotel and asking them directly after I win my bid. I think the only time you might have a problem with a room type would be in the following cases:

--if the hotel is sold out...PL folks typically get whatever is left.

--in large cities like NY and SF where hotel rooms tend to be so small that you might only have room for one queen.

--if you bid for a boutique hotel thereby exchanging lots of room for lots of atmosphere.

The other option you might have for a family setup is to bid on two rooms and then ask the hotel for rooms near each other with one parent/adult in each room...not ideal but a great money saver. We sleep in a family bed and I have never had any difficulties calling the hotel and getting a N/S king room. Also some hotels will upgrade you to larger rooms for a fee a checkin...sometimes a great deal sometimes not.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

You sure you don't mean "Hotwire" instead of Orbitz?

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

I think the website you are looking for is www.biddingforfun.com . This lists the hotels that are likely to come up at each * level, in each city. It also helps to identify hotels listed on Hotwire.

Beverly

Southward 1988, Britannis 1994, Dolphin IV 1995, Star Princess (old version) 1996, Sea Princess 1999, Seabreeze 1999, Rembrandt 2000, Destiny 2000, Seabreeze 2000, Triumph 2000, Norwegian Majesty 2001, Destiny 2001, Sensation 2002, Victory 2002, Destiny 2003, Vision of the Seas 2003, Triumph 2003, Voyager of the Seas 2004,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by momofzeke:

My only problem with Priceline is that DH and I like lots of room, so we either get a king bed or 2 queen beds when we travel. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My experience is that by using Priceline, I've been able to get better hotels for the same price as the less expensive ones. I would never pay over $100/night for a hotel room, but my last two Priceline bids I ended up with a suite hotel for $60/night one one stay and $75/night on the second. And that $60 one was for a stay about 6 hours from when I bid.

And as others have said, you can always call the hotel after your transaction is over and request a certain type of room/bed.

But, I can certainly understand how using Priceline is out of the comfort level of many people. Even I won't use it in some circumstances, like when I need to stay at a specific hotel.

Namaste,

Heather

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Until we sail on the Triumph ~ 9/18/04 - Roll Call

pleasedontstealmethanks.gif

I agree with Monkey about betterbidding, it's a much friendlier/easier site than bft (and thereuare icon_biggrin.gif), as far as paying over $100/ night. This upcoming trip to SJ had 2* hotels coming in over $100. After some help, I was able to get the Intercontinental for $130.( It's Easter week and the Mets are in town also) icon_rolleyes.gif

Up Next... A Date with Destiny 04/11/04

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

Archived