Silly question for anyone who has been on the Zuiderdam lately

CruisinShips

We all read questions we thing are silly, or trivial....it's my turn to ask one here.  How is the selection and variety of regular TV on the Zuiderdam?  As a frequent cruiser on Royal, I find that by the middle of the week we are ready to rip the TV off the wall because they keep replaying the same episodes of lame sitcoms and other such shows.  And before we get the "they don't want you to spend your time in the room" response, I know that but we tend to watch at night and the TV is background noise for us.

Anyone have any insights into this silly question?  Thanks in advance!

That's not a silly question at all. You can do better! :classic_dry:

Just off the Zuiderdam this week. We don't watch a lot of TV on the ship, but here's what I remember. There are several live news channels and two live sports channels. The news channels are CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, and BBC World News. (I don't think CNN was in the lineup, but I could be wrong.) For sports, there's ESPN and ESPN2.  There are quite a few on-demand shows with several episodes of each. There are also travel related shows and documentaries as well as episodes of Amrica's Test Kitchen.

There are a few dozen movies on demand including quite a few new releases. All the programming is no charge.  The only thing we watched was Christoper Robin, although other new stiff like Crazy Rich Asians was available. Ours was a Christmas cruise, so we had holiday movies as well. White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Home Alone and A Christmas Story were among the on-demand selection. Sadly, there was no Die Hard, a glaring omission.

hans-gruber-christmas.thumb.jpg.60db38b879151885c99d7387d95b0937.jpg

• Like 1

We were on Zuiderdam in August and September, and were very pleasantly surprised at the size and quality of the TV and video offerings.  I can't speak to regular network useries (we dropped cable TV two years ago, and subsist on Netflix streaming and disk, and Amazon). However, there was a good selection of movies that mostly related to the ports we were scheduled to visit, or to our voyage as a whole (Viking Passage). Many of the films were not in English,  and were either subtitled or dubbed.

Because many of the films were specific to our voyage, you may find that there will be an entirely different selection for your trip.

We brought along a couple of dozen series episodes or movies from Netflix on our 12" tablet, but didn't watch any the 20 nights we were on board.

Good luck!