What to bring to the Baths?

gquest

Water shoes are a must unless you don't care if you get your sneakers completely wet. (I would wear sneakers to go down the hill and then switch to water shoes to go through the Baths.)

If you like to snorkel, bring snorkeling gear - there are 2 decent snorkeling areas

1st: at the bottom of the trail going down the hill to the Baths.

2nd: if you go through the Baths, at the other end is Devil's Bay - good snorkeling there

Keep in mind you WILL get very sandy so the shoes that are best for walking the trail are probably not the best for going through the Baths or on the beach. Somehow, I did not comprehend that fact when I went... 8-)

We did not take our snorkel stuff so I cannot comment on it except to say that all 4 of us thought it was a wise choice to leave the snorkel stuff on the ship. We snorkeled other places and having to lug all that gear back and forth, on and off of the ferry, in and out of cabs, would have been a major hassle.

Cou;d someone please tell me what I should bring to the baths (water shoes or sneakers?, snokel gear, etc.)? Thanks

All of the above.

The snorkeling is great, like swimming in an aquarium. The water is so bouyant, my husband who is not a good swimmer and always likes to have a vest didn't need one at all.

Archived