Back from constellation

klei3354

Just got back from my first cruise with Celebrity. Overall it was a great cruise. My only complaint was the food. I'm not sure if I just expected more but the food seemed rather bland. There were a few nights where the food was great in the main dining room.

On Thursday night we were up by the pasta bar. They had left over desserts that were out. One of the quality control tasters came by and was really upset. From what I overheard he said the desserts were very bland, and had too much cornstarch. He called the dessert chef out, and then made many phone calls.

I would definitely cruise Celebrity again...I just hope they get the food problems sorted out. Other than that it was a great cruise.

Six or seven years ago, we were on a different cruise line that had, in many reviews, received mediocre remarks for the quality of the food. So, we made a point of soliciting and following our server's recommendations. We generally followed the suggestion, even if meant having chicken rather than lamb when we really, generally prefer lamb over chicketn. The few times that we bucked the suggestion, we regretted it.

Ever since that time, we have gone along with the suggestion of our server. When a kitchen is preparing a few thousand meals in a few hours time, some items are going to be hit or miss. We think that X typically does better than most lines, but some things are going to be better than others. Your servers will usually know what the better choices will be.

Ironcially, on one of our Celebrity cruises we actually noted on our Comment Card how offensive it was that our waiter invariably "told" us that something was not good literally every night. It was a 12 night cruise, so by about day 7 we were intentionally ordering what he said was bad just hoping he would stop. He didn't, but the dishes were just fine.

I would suggest you order what you want and then if you do not like it order something else. It'll be out in a matter of a couple of minutes.

Archived