***** Qm2 July 3/2006

GRIFFITH1

Four months from tomorrow we will be Boston bound aboard the QM2 for our Independence Weekend Cruise, 2006.

Queen Mary 2 - July 3, 2006 - Independence Weekend Traveling Cruise Critics

Griffith1- Linda

Betsy's Mom

Cleacat - Sue & Katie

Travelgals - Carol

Cruiserking/Cq6 - Jonathan & Elene plus Stu, Linda & Joe

Atticus

Eslo - Bev & Ed

sdb1s

Bill and Ray - Ray and Bill

See everybody in just a hair over 2900 hours!

Jonathan

Myself and my daughter will be taking this 4 of July Cruise (our 3rd on the QM2) along with 10 others from my church...so add to us to the list as well!

Queen Mary 2 - July 3, 2006 -

Independence Weekend Traveling Cruise Critics

Griffith1- Linda

Betsy's Mom

Cleacat - Sue & Katie

Travelgals - Carol

Atticus

Eslo - Bev & Ed- Lottie & Stanley

sdb1s

ljs0928 - Linda & Friend

Malinda1229 - Malinda & Daughter

Hey Malinda 1229, we sailed together on the QM2's Maiden Independence Cruise. See you Aboard.

Jonathan

Hey Gang,

We Only Have 3 Months,3weeks,2days Or 114 Days More To Wait! :d

Hi All!

Dear Linda, thank you for the countdown and also the Roll Call. Approx. 22 people up to now, that's pretty good.

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Bev & Ed)

Griffith1- Linda

Betsy's Mom

Cleacat - Sue & Katie

Travelgals - Carol

Atticus

sdb1s

ljs0928 - Linda & Friend

Malinda1229 - Malinda & Mia

jyoung - Lee & Rindy - John & Julie

From a Cunard Line Press Release -

To mark the occasion of his retirement year, Commodore Warwick and his wife Kim will be sailing on Queen Mary 2 in June and July and several special events are planned during these voyages

I wonder if any of these special events will coincide with our July 3, 2006 voyage. I think there is a very good chance considering the Cunard history that surrounds July 4. It was on this day in 1840 that the first ever Cunard Ship, the Britannia set sail on a 14-day journey from Liverpool to Halifax.

July 4, 2002 marked the keel laying ceremony for another edition to Cunard's historic fleet, the Queen Mary 2. It seems only fitting to me that July 4, 2006 should mark a special Farewell Ball to the one of the most famous masters to helm the bridge of a Cunard Vessel, Commodore Ronald Warwick. Perhaps to be held the evening we depart Halifax a nod the birthplace of old Samuel Cunard himself.

Jonathan

Cruiserking: That Is Very Interesting And Exciting News . I Guess We Will Not Know Exactly What Extra Events If, Any Will, Be Scheduled On Our Cruise Until We Get Our Documents . That Should Be At The End Of The Month .

Jyoung & Ljs0928 .welcome It's Great To Have Lots Of Posters On Here . It Give Us All So Much More Info.

Atticus: I Was Wondering The Same Thing . I Thought We Would At Least Start With A List . I Think Once The Documents Come, I Will Feel That Is It Time For The List. Not Sure About What To Pack For The Red,white,and Blue Ball And Now We Are Talking About Possibility Of An Extra Ball For The Retirement Party .

This is from Cunard's webiste regarding the special events for the retirement.

The following information is for media representatives only.

Cunard Line Public Relations

Jackie Matthews

Public Relations Manager

Phone: 1-661-753-1035

1-800-7CUNARD, x31035

Does anyone have any media connections that could get us this information early? Wouldn't that be nice......

Myself and my daughter will be taking this 4 of July Cruise (our 3rd on the QM2) along with 10 others from my church...so add to us to the list as well!

By the way - SDB1S is Sam & Ivy (Look forward to meeting other fine folks!)

I called today and was advised of the following; Not sure if this is useful...? Dining Dress Codes QM2:

7/3 Casual

7/4 Casual

7/5 Casual

7/6 Semi-Formal

7/7 Semi-Formal

7/8 Casual

Griffith1- Linda

Betsy's Mom

Cleacat - Sue & Katie

Travelgals - Carol

Atticus - Revell & Chris

sdb1s - Sam & Ivy

ljs0928 - Linda & Friend

This dress code breakdown doesn't make sense. Typically the first and last nights of a voyage are casual. The Red, White and Blue Ball was held on July 4 during the Maiden Year. I cannot imagine why they would not uphold this tradition, when else can you adorn your patriotic finery and strut around aboard an elegant ship like the QM2.

I have to think there is at least one formal evening for the Captain's Cocktail Party. You can call the Cunard Reservation Dept. three separate times and get three separate answers regarding dress codes and most everything else. Pack the nice duds, count the days and in no time we'll be aboard toasting champagne as we sail under the Verazanno and off on a great adventure.

Jonathan

Hi All,

WOW, so glad to see so many people signing on for this cruise as CC's.

Approx. 28 at my count I do believe. Hope more will be coming forward in the months to come.

Yes, only 108 Days to go. Wonder when we would be permitted to experience the thrill of doing the Document Dance with the arrival of the tickets and other literature.

Have been to New England/Canada on the Rotterdam and QE2 many times and wonder if there will be any new offerings to the tour listing. We never had the opportunity to walk the town of Bar Harbor with all of it's shops and interests. Boston will most likely be like a zoo that day, but there are some great restaurants in that fair town.

Till the next time........

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Well I Have To Say I Am Shocked That There Would Be No Formal Night. I Just Can Not Imagine Why There Would Not Be At Least One Formal Night . I Thought The Schedule Was :

7/3 Casual

7/4 Red,White,& Blue Ball - Semi-formal

7/5 Formal ( Captain's Cocktail Party )

7/6 Semi Formal

7/7 Casual

I GUESS WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DOCUMENTS TO COME TO BE SURE OF THE SCHEDULE . WE WILL ALSO HAVE TO WAIT TO MAKE OUT OUR PACKING LIST SINCE WE CAN'T BE SURE OF THE DRESS. I HAVE TO SAY , IT WILL BE A DISAPPOINTMENT IF THERE IS NO FORMAL NIGHT OR BALL TO DRESS FOR. I HAVE HEARD HOW FORMAL THE QUEEN MARY IS BUT SOUNDS LIKE THAT IS NOT CORRECT.

According to the Cunard Reservations Agent I just spoke with today our upcoming July 3, 2006 voyage will include two formal nights and one semi-formal.

July 3 - Casual

July 4 - Formal

July 5 - Formal

July 6 - Casual

July 7 - Casual

The semi-formal evening will be determined once we are aboard the agent added. I'm still betting the semi-formal is on July 4 with red, white and blue garb and not tuxedoes to celebrate Independence Day. So perhaps this looming second formal night is indeed a special commemoration of Commodore Wawrick's career with Cunard. If that is indeed the case it will be very exciting to be a part of.

It's always a crapshoot attempting to corroborate information with Cunard. I say, in the coming months we put forth our best guesses for the formal/semi-formal breakdown. The Cruise Critic amongst us who correctly guesses the dress code will be bestowed with the honor of Dress Code King or Queen and receive a special toast for their sage fashion acumen during our cc get together.

My Dress Code Prediction for the July 3, 2006 Voyage is:

July 3 - Casual

July 4 - Semi-Formal (Red, White and Blue)

July 5 - Formal

July 6 - Formal

July 7 - casual

Jonathan

It's always a crapshoot attempting to corroborate information with Cunard. I say, in the coming months we put forth our best guesses for the formal/semi-formal breakdown. The Cruise Critic amongst us who correctly guesses the dress code will be bestowed with the honor of Dress Code King or Queen and receive a special toast for their sage fashion acumen during our cc get together.

My Dress Code Prediction for the July 3, 2006 Voyage is:

July 3 - Casual

July 4 - Semi-Formal (Red, White and Blue)

July 5 - Formal

July 6 - Formal

July 7 - casual

Jonathan

My prediction/guess is:

July 3 - Semicasual

July 4 - Semiclassical

July 5 - Semicolon

July 6 - Semiconcious

July 7 - Semiliterate

If you are willing, please add Judy and Rich to the 7/3/06 list.

Griffith1- Linda

Betsy's Mom

Cleacat - Sue & Katie

Travelgals - Carol

Atticus - Revell & Chris

sdb1s - Sam & Ivy

ljs0928 - Linda & Friend

Ribble - Judy & Rich

Welcome aboard Judy & Rich. I rather like the semicolon night that would be interesting. Personally, in keeping with the nautical tradition I vote for a semaphore evening. What a lovely quiet evening in the Britannia and throughout the ship with everyone conversing by means of flags and light flashes, I could be the QM2 Flasher.

Jonathan

Griffith1- Linda

Betsy's Mom

Cleacat - Sue & Katie

Travelgals - Carol

Atticus - Revell & Chris

sdb1s - Sam & Ivy

ljs0928 - Linda & Friend

Ribble - Judy & Rich

Welcome aboard Judy & Rich. I rather like the semicolon night that would be interesting. Personally, in keeping with the nautical tradition I vote for a semaphore evening. What a lovely quiet evening in the Britannia and throughout the ship with everyone conversing by means of flags and light flashes, I could be the QM2 Flasher.

Jonathan

Yes, you certainly could. How would we recognize you?

Originally posted by Ribble

Yes, you certainly could. How would we recognize you?

I would be hard to miss don't you think?

Amid a sea of tuxedoes and gowns I would be the only raincoat clad cruiser sporting dual Union Jacks and possibly carrying a flashlight as well.

Jonathan

I would be hard to miss don't you think?

Amid a sea of tuxedoes and gowns I would be the only raincoat clad cruiser sporting dual Union Jacks and possibly carrying a flashlight as well.

Jonathan

I thought you would just raise your hand to be recognized (careful!).

Originally posted by Ribble

I thought you would just raise your hand to be recognized (careful!).

That's a good point. Perhaps a horn, a la Harpo Marx, a nautical horn would be nice. One honk for "Hello Cruise Critic Pal" two for "another round of beverages" and three for "a bit drafty in here mate, can you turn down the A.C.?"

Honk, honk.

The QM2 Flasher

I say, in the coming months we put forth our best guesses for the formal/semi-formal breakdown.

I've got a better idea. Why don't you decide amongst you which night(s) to designate as formal. With at least 27 registered, won't everyone ELSE be embarrssesd that they didn't get the word!

Karie, who says you can never be TOO dressy on a Cunarder (except maybe in the pool!)

Archived