MAZATLAN must do's

melika091900

IS there anything that is a must do in Mazatlan..??? like cliff divers?or shopping?? anything that could be suggested and how to get there.....

ive been doing homework on this board for a while and its the one place i cant figure out what to do

any info id appreciate

thanks

melissa

IS there anything that is a must do in Mazatlan..??? like cliff divers?or shopping?? anything that could be suggested and how to get there.....

ive been doing homework on this board for a while and its the one place i cant figure out what to do

any info id appreciate

thanks

melissa

We're thinking about doing Randi's Happy Horses. Haven't been on a horse in years but riding on the beach sounds like such a fun thing to do . . .

For us, Randi's Happy Horses is a "must do"! We did it in 2003 and had such fun that it is the one excursion we just had to do again! We rode through the mango and coconut plantation and ended up on a beautiful beach where you could gallop or ride in to the waves (I am NOT a horse person, so I skipped that!) Then we ended up a Victors which is a restaurant right on the beach where we had beer/smoothies etc... and the most marvelous garlic shrimp! Randi arranged for banana boat rides for the kids and interested adults - I preferred to just lounge in the sun! It is truly a day in paradise and we can't wait to go back!

This is a very nice day in Maz, sailing on a catamaran to an island and enjoying kayaking, swimming, a little snorkeling, eating and drinking. Much more fun than looking for deals in the "Golden Zone".

http://www.sailbula.com/Emain.html

thanks neighbor...im in hercules..hahahaha

yeah were thinking about shopping and maybe some EAting and of course .. DRINKING>> anywhere near the pier or is it better to take a taxi?

ive never been so i cant wait!!!!!

thanks to everyone to responding

im going to have to skip the horses ( weight limits) :(

Melissa, We were on the NCL Star in December and my sister and I did the ships Best of Mazatlan tour. We stopped by the cliffdivers, went downtown to see the cathedral and then they took us to the GoldenZone where we saw a folkloric show and then they took us to a hotel for lunch. After lunch you had a few hours to either hang out at the hotel and use their pool and beach or you could walk back up to Golden Zone for some shopping. You could go back to the ship any time between 2:30 and 4:00. They just put you in a taxi as soon as there were 4 of you and sent you on your way. The Folk lore show was good and the lunch at the hotel was very good. We decided not to just sit by the pool but walked back and did some shopping. We really enjoyed the day. And the taxi back was one of those "polmunos" (sp?) that are the open air taxi. Quite fun to ride. And it dropped us off at the market that is right there on the pier and you can do more shopping there.

We enjoyed our time on the Star. It's a lovely ship.

We were on the Star in January and our kids did Randi's Happy Horse excursion - absolutely loved it. My wife and I hired a cab (open air type) and did a tour of Mazatlan. The driver's name was Mario (everyone seems to know him) and he was excellent. He charges $20.00 an hour and it is well worth it. We saw "old" Mazatlan and "new" Mazatlan including the Cliff Divers and the Cathedral. Afterwards he dropped us off at the water taxi port and we took one to Stone Island and met our kids at Victor's restaurant on the beach (open air, sand floor, thatched roof) after their horse riding excursion. The best food on the entire trip - and unbelievably cheap. IMO that is a must do if we ever go back!

Thanks LuAnn - I'm already considering a March 18th (Spring Break) "rerun" of the Oosterdam. How pathetic is that? The price is really good and I loved the ship.

Desert Diva...great pictures! Rebecca brought some this week at Girls Nite Out! they were great! LuAnn

Archived