Parking at NYC docks

zoomert

For the longer cruises they give you the monthly rate which is $180 total. We came in via the Lincoln Tunnel and headed north on 12Ave. The pier is right there and you park on top. If a guy from the cornfields of Indiana can find it anyone can.

We have always hired a driver to take us back and forth to the pier but are considering driving ourselves this year (much cheaper). I have read lots of posts about dropping off one person with the luggage and then continuing on to the parking level BUT, is there a way to drop luggage off and then ALL the passengers continue on to park? I would hate to get separated - poor sense of direction; turn me around and I'm lost!

What about upon return - can we take all our luggage up to the garage?

It very easy to find your way. We traveled with another couple and dropped the ladies with the luggage parked the car atop the pier and joined them. We got there early and all the porters were busy helping departing passengers. If they were not busy they probably would have taken our luggage for us.

You don't have to cross streets or anything from the parking lot and cruise terminal.

We can carry all of our own luggage by hooking bags to rolling suitcases so we could have parked then carried everything to the terminal. There is an elevator. That is what we did when we left.

Saliling out of New York on the Norwegian Spirit 3/12/06. Does anyone have info or comments on the parking by the docks in NYC? Is it close to the cruise ship, easy to navigate.... Appreciate any info I can find.

just have yourself mentally prepared for the fact that, depending on what time you arrive, the pier is a zoo!

I've never had a problem parking. It is hard to start your car if its been parked for 10 days in the freezing cold sometimes. This time I had an oil change with the best oil and put a can of dry gas in.

We had no problem parking at the pier. It was very convenient!We are from a small town in Pa. and were nervous about driving in NYC.We are now looking forward to going back. The pier was easy to find, and we found the people of New York to be friendlier drivers than what we encounter at home. It took us exactly 23 minutes(Yes,we timed!), using the Lincoln Tunnel, from our hotel(Springhill Suites)in Newark to the cruise terminal. We will do the same again. Janice

We've used the parking at the pier for our last three cruises with no problems. Once there was a snow storm while we were gone, and they even cleaned the snow off the cars before we returned. It's easy, safe and a whole lot cheaper than plane fare.

Archived