Circle Caribbean (CB)

Gallivanting Souls

20 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I think chewap you were on the same cruise we were, the November 11.  Not being beach bunnies we had taken the Highlights & Scenic Drive along with 300 or our fellow pax.  At the end they took us to a remote beach between two large hills for a short stay.  The water appeared to be clean but much too short of time to go in.  The guide as we neared the ship was very emphatic to only go two blocks on the main street and not venture off.  I had not heard about the robbery.  The guide really was wanting all of us to reboard the ship which we did.  I had heard about the complaints from those that did the beach tour however.  We were glad to get to go to Trinidad but certainly do not need to go again. 

The ship was tied to the pier like they always do in port so not sure about your comment on the condition of the pier.   In order to use the gangplanks, the ship has to be secured to the pier.   Trinidad is a port that requires extreme caution and ship tours only. 

There was only one cleat 150 feet from the dock in concrete that the  front of the ship  can and was tied up to.  No large cleats on the dock to tie up to.   Caribbean Princess used there side proposition to keep it close to the dock.  The only reason that the Caribbean Princess went to Trinidad is because the docks at Bonaire were full with other cruise ships.   Bonaire is currently building a additional dock for cruise ships.  At that time the Caribbean Princess will be able to schedule Bonaire again as they have done in the past (Spring 2018).   Only take ship tours when you are in Trinidad.  Trinidad is too dangerous to do it on your own.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:41 PM, aprilsp88 said:

Virtual Private Network. It's a secure way to allow you to login to corporate network remotely so that you can reply emails and run applications, for people who still have to work occasionally 🙂.

Hi

I just got off the Caribbean Princess. I used my work VPN repeatedly without problems. I also used a VPN on my iOS devices (different VPN provider) and that also worked flawlessly. Not sure why you had a problem.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:11 AM, Simple_Travels4578 said:

Hi

I just got off the Caribbean Princess. I used my work VPN repeatedly without problems. I also used a VPN on my iOS devices (different VPN provider) and that also worked flawlessly. Not sure why you had a problem.

Thanks for the update. When I ask the internet manager, he told me they block all VPN traffic for security purpose. Now that you can use VPN, his statement is not true. He either has limited knowledge, or was not willing to help. They might support certain protocol while prohibit others. I have no problem using VPN prior to OM.