For 5 am arrival at Rome, what time can we expect to disembark?

swdke

Planning to take a Greece cruise departing out of Rome's cruise port.  If the return arrival is stating 5 am, what is disembark time?

Also, I know disembarking is in groups, what can we do to endure early disembarking.   I know sometimes there are early walk off options.  Was wondering if anyone had experience to share?

Thank you

It depends.  Remember, just because the ship has 'docked', doesn't mean you can get off.  They have paperwork etc. to be approved before disembarkation is allowed.

Having just taken a Greece cruise that ended in Rome's cruise port this past October, I can tell you that we were lined up ready to self exit the ship as early as 6:30 AM, but were not cleared to depart until 7 AM.

1 hour ago, swdke said:

Planning to take a Greece cruise departing out of Rome's cruise port.  If the return arrival is stating 5 am, what is disembark time?

Also, I know disembarking is in groups, what can we do to endure early disembarking.   I know sometimes there are early walk off options.  Was wondering if anyone had experience to share?

Thank you

First self-assist guests would usually be getting off within 30 minutes after arrival.

1 hour ago, cinesage said:
1 hour ago, cinesage said:

It depends.  Remember, just because the ship has 'docked', doesn't mean you can get off.  They have paperwork etc. to be approved before disembarkation is allowed.

Having just taken a Greece cruise that ended in Rome's cruise port this past October, I can tell you that we were lined up ready to self exit the ship as early as 6:30 AM, but were not cleared to depart until 7 AM.

A few years ago we arrived on time in Civvi but the Italian authorities did not board till about 8.  They then proceeded to drink coffee for about an hour and finally cleared the ship after 9.  I had a reservation for a 9:30 train to Rome and made it by sheer luck by the skin of my teeth.

Edited by Ba' Datz