late night flight arrival in Abu Dhabi

raspberry ridge

We will not arrive in Abu Dhabi until after 11 PM the night before our cruise.I expect by the time we retrieve our luggage and clear customs that it will be around 1 am.We will have been traveling for about 30 hours and I'm a poor sleeper so I expect to be tired to the point of stupor by then.If someone can suggest the most economical (but of course safe & convenient) accommodation or if anyone knows if sleep pods are available at the airport (or any info on how best to spend this roughly ten hour period !)it would be appreciated greatly Also, what would you advise about transportation to the port? I have traveled in Egypt and Israel in the past but this is my first trip to the Emirates.Thank you for your advice!

7 hours ago, raspberry ridge said:

We will not arrive in Abu Dhabi until after 11 PM the night before our cruise.I expect by the time we retrieve our luggage and clear customs that it will be around 1 am.We will have been traveling for about 30 hours and I'm a poor sleeper so I expect to be tired to the point of stupor by then.If someone can suggest the most economical (but of course safe & convenient) accommodation or if anyone knows if sleep pods are available at the airport (or any info on how best to spend this roughly ten hour period !)it would be appreciated greatly Also, what would you advise about transportation to the port? I have traveled in Egypt and Israel in the past but this is my first trip to the Emirates.Thank you for your advice!

I would second the recommendation already given of checking into the Premier Inn at the airport then transferring to the port to board the cruise ship.  Taxis are readily available for your transfer to the port and they are all registered and metered so perfectly safe to use...

Anne..

I third that opinion.

The hotel is clean, modern and convenient for your needs.

There are arrivals duty free shops at the baggage carousel, if you want to stock up on booze. A few coffee shops will be open in the arrivals hall, as well as a small shop that sells sweets, toiletries,  soft drinks etc.

There is a small food court just under the hotel where you can get a cheap breakfast or lunch, if you don't want to eat at the hotel. Allow an hour for a comfortable time window hotel to cruise port (Abu Dhabi cruise terminal)

• 3 weeks later...