Birth Certificates from Washington State

kent fowler

We found all of our birth certificates (though we parents have our passports) but how can we verify if these are the ones they will accept. They are color, but no raised stamping. They do say "Certified Copy" on them however. Anyone from Washington State that can confirm? First time Poster, Long Time Reader, Cruising on Pride August 1st. Thanks

Kowboy Kruiser

If the certified copy is issued by the goverment agency that maintains birth records, then you are fine. Some states use raised seals, some use an ink stamp.

Atom.gif

Next Cruise! Miracle 2/13/05

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

The stamp (or seal) should have something about the state vital statistics or something official from the state.

I'm saying that because I have (somewhere in my file) a certified copy of a hospital birth certificate, which of course isn't accepted.

Go online to your state office of vital statistics, and see if their official seal matches what you have on your certificate.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

My daughter lost her orginal Washington State birth certificate. We just went on line and ordered her a new one--it is a Certified one from the State of Washington. She has used it on cruises and it is just fine. Be sure that the Wash. State seal is there and it says Certified. (Hospital certificates will NOT work!!)

Marilyn

MumsyO

Next cruise: Sensation, May 6, 2004

HAL, Amsterdam, Aug. 1, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till I'm howling with the Hounds!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle 2/13/05

Originally posted by mumsyo:

(Hospital certificates will NOT work!!)

______

That's what I said - they aren't accepted. icon_smile.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mumsyo:

Be sure that the Wash. State seal is there and it says Certified. (Hospital certificates will NOT work!!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all states use the word "certified". Best bet is to get passports - the cruise isn't until August anyway.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until the SINsational Cruise from the Bayou

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Valor Vampires

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Archived