Galveston shuttle services

teechor

We have used Galveston Express in the past, and found them to be a great service, however for our summer trip with a larger group of people we have gotten a better price from a company called Galveston Shuttle and Limo. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this other company to give us some guidance on whether or not to go with the lower-priced option or stick with a company but we have used before.  Thanks in advance!

I have used Galveston Shuttle for my family transfer from IAH Airport to a hotel in Galveston prior to our departure on Liberty of the seas Cruise our of Galveston port. It was refered to me by the hotel front desk, after a quick check for their online review, I booked with them. They provided a large bus for us, the service was exellent from the booking all the way to the transfer itself, their customer service agent Geneva was excellent to work with me as I changed the size of the group 5 times, our driver was George and on the way back it was Jon, the bus was nice, clean and comfortable. I do recommand them

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

I'm leaving in February and seeing a way better price for my large group of 12 with Galveston Limousine than Express and a smaller business too, like not comparable better ($700 something vs $400 something).  Off to other spots to see reviews of this company.  Like many others here, weighing these options are difficult because I really just want to rent a car and leave it at the port all week and be the master of my own domain.  But, I have a group of 12 who probably aren't willing to spend as much as I am for convenience.  

On 1/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, Spicey477 said:

I'm leaving in February and seeing a way better price for my large group of 12 with Galveston Limousine than Express and a smaller business too, like not comparable better ($700 something vs $400 something).  Off to other spots to see reviews of this company.  Like many others here, weighing these options are difficult because I really just want to rent a car and leave it at the port all week and be the master of my own domain.  But, I have a group of 12 who probably aren't willing to spend as much as I am for convenience.  

You must be comparing a one-way fare to a round-trip fare. I can't imagine you would get a large van for a group of 12 for $200 each way. Can you verify?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I used Island Breeze and the price was $48pp RT and we had 12 people.  I was happy with the drivers and service but I didn't really understand their scheduling.  They never asked us when our check in was, or when we were scheduled to fly out on the way home.  For example, they had us as being picked up from the port at 8:30am and our flight wasn't until 3pm out of Hobby.  I called them from the ship (we have Wifi calling)  to ask to be rescheduled for later and that wasn't a problem (they then picked us up at 11am) but why wouldn't they have asked that to begin with?  I still think for a smaller group, Uber is probably better.  The front desk at our hotel mentioned Uber drivers that they use for cruise guests and we did use 4 different Uber the night before to go to dinner and they all mentioned that they go to the port.

On 1/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, teechor said:

We have used Galveston Express in the past, and found them to be a great service, however for our summer trip with a larger group of people we have gotten a better price from a company called Galveston Shuttle and Limo. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this other company to give us some guidance on whether or not to go with the lower-priced option or stick with a company but we have used before.  Thanks in advance!

We used them last year, roundtrip from IAH to Galveston cruise port. They were wonderful.  The driver was very nice and helpful with questions.  On time and were there after our cruise to take us back to IAH. 

Edited by LuckyStar

Trying VIP Express this Sunday.  HOU to Galveston hotel then return from cruise terminal to HOU.  Booking process has been responsive and friendly.  I will report back on how the trip goes.

• 2 weeks later...