Getting around

Diane123boys

Hello everyone !  We are (9 of us ) cruising out of San Juan in March .  Since we have such a large party does anyone know of the best way to get around ? We are staying at the Serafina Beach Hotel - starting Friday and leaving on Sunday for the cruise - we have booked a side trip to the Bacardi factory on Sunday pre cruise - iof we need 2 cabs at a time thats fine - I dont think Uber is a common as in the States - just wondering if a rental is the best? then again where do we drop it off pre cruise ? We have always cruised out of Boston or NYC and I am a bit in the weeds here 

Rental cars are a bit difficult because parking can be hard to find and expensive  in the tourist areas.  Uber is extremely good in San Juan. I took a 4 night girl’s trip recently. We took Uber everywhere. We never waited more than 5 minutes. There are Uber XL available too. 

Taxis are another option. Many are large vans with 3 rows of back seats. You can only take taxis from the airport. Uber is not allowed to pick up there, only drop off. Taxis are plentiful  in the tourist areas and at hotels. 

You will love San Juan. It is a very good port of embarkation! Serafina is in Condado which is an excellent location. There are tons of places to eat and it is a short ride to Old San Juan. I highly recommend that you spend a few hours seeing the old city.