Last minute upgrades?

sweety

Does anyone know if last minute cabin upgrades are sometimes available when you board? My husband just mentioned this for our cruise on RCCL Legend OFS leaving this Sat and I never even thought about it. I guess it never hurts to ask...

When we went on our first cruise (Celebrity Mercury 7 day western Caribbean) 3 years ago, I asked if any upgrades were available (we had a regular balcony/verandah) and was offered a Sky Suite on the Sky Deck with a butler for $300 more per person. The verandah was huge, our butler was fantastic, it was an incredible intro to cruising.

I don't think that particular cabin would be available anymore, or I think they call it something else now. And perhaps the policies about upgrades have changed since then.

KnoxvilleSam

Royal Caribbean doesn't do upsells in advance - upgrades in advance can only be purchased for the entire difference between the what you've already paid and the going rate for the stateroom that you want to upgrade to. If the ship isn't sold out, you can purchase an upgrade at the pier. If you want to attempt to do so, you need to be there very early (well before 11am) and go see the pier coordinator. Unlike upgrading before you get to the ship, with a pier upgrade you pay a flat fee to upgrade. The amount varies depending on what kind of stateroom you have booked versus the new upgrade category. There is no guarantee that there will be upgrades available at the pier though as most ships are sailing full.

• 3 weeks later...
Royal Caribbean ... If the ship isn't sold out, you can purchase an upgrade at the pier. ... go see the pier coordinator. Unlike upgrading before you get to the ship, with a pier upgrade you pay a flat fee to upgrade. The amount varies depending on what kind of stateroom you have booked versus the new upgrade category. There is no guarantee that there will be upgrades available at the pier though as most ships are sailing full.

WRP96, I have heard of this and would love to do it.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the info.

Archived