Private customized tour from Falmouth, less crounds, what should we see?

HaraldOslo

We are docking in Falmouth from 10:30 to 19:00 and are looking into doing a private tour. They all say it will be customized to our preferences, but what should we request that we see? Haven't decided if we are doing a 4 or 6 hour tour, but we have plenty of time to spare. We would like to avoid large tourist traps/crowds if possible, what would you recommend we see?

We are adults in the rage 28-63, so quite a diverse range.

I read somewhere that a private tour could beat the rush to some spots like dunns river falls, so we could be there before the rest of the cruise ship tours, is that true? Then it might be more tempting.

Timewise, that I could find, the docking times for the other ships in Jamaica that day are:

Nieuw Statendam: 08:00-16:00

Carnival Vista: 09:00-18:00

Carnival Sensation: 10:00-17:00

Harmony of the Seas: 10:30 (us!)

MSC Armonia: 13:00-19:00

So I guess beating the crowds might be hard either way?

My son and family just went to the Blue Hole not knowing anything about it. They had a fantastic day, and would take that over any of the places they have visited in Jamaica over the years.  

Edited by jagsfan

I also recommend the Blue Hole.  We used Ricardo with libertytoursjamaica.com to go from Falmouth and it was one of the best excursions we've ever been on.  The entire day was fantastic.  We beat the crowds there and were able to go much higher up than others.  We felt completely safe and comfortable.  Hope you have a great trip!

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:58 AM, kcsavage said:

I also recommend the Blue Hole.  We used Ricardo with libertytoursjamaica.com to go from Falmouth and it was one of the best excursions we've ever been on.  The entire day was fantastic.  We beat the crowds there and were able to go much higher up than others.  We felt completely safe and comfortable.  Hope you have a great trip!

Which Blue Hole tour did you do? Blue Hole + Fire Water, Blue Hole + tubing, or Blue Hole + lunch? We aren't sure which one to choose. 

We did the Blue Hole plus lunch last time.   We're going to Ocho Rios in May and we're going to try the Blue Hole plus tubing then.  I think it will be fun too!

PS....like your name. ..I too am a firemamswife 🙂

Edited by kcsavage