first time cruiser !! excited and scared

piggy-place

we have taken the plunge and booked for 23/09/06 on the legend of the seas. west med. i have a huge fear of flying and have never been outside of the uk:mad: , my husband has traveled all over. i have very mixed emotions at the moment, not knowing how it all works on board is quite nerve recking & not sure what the weather is like in the med in late september either.

First make a list of all of your questions- try to be specific to receive good advice from others- and then post them here on the boards.

Second, relax. You'll make yourself sick before you even get to go.

Third, realize that nerves are normal, this is a new exciting adventure and you don't want to spoil it by getting all upset.

If you have never flown then don't panic until you are in the air and scared crapless. It may never scare you. If you have flown realize that maybe you had scared yourself and it wasn't the flight at all. Or, maybe you had a rough flight that may never be repeated.

Others here will be happy to answer your questions about the weather and onboard experiences with the legend.

I think you are going to have the time of your life. Set your fears aside and let pure excitement take over.

Keep reading these boards and you will get too excited to worry about anything! We were just on the LOS in November and had a great time (W. Caribbean). It was my first time flying since 1986 and my DH's 1st time ever. Yes, we were both apprehensive, but both enjoyed it very much and fought over the window seat on the return flight! Enjoy planning your wedding and honeymoon!

The scariest thing about your first cruise is that you will probably then get hooked on cruising and you'll be scared that you might have to wait awhile until your next one!

As stated these boards are so helpful in answering any questions you might have. From what to pack to what excursions to take. There are so many experience cruisers on this site and they are so patient in answering questions. We were all first time cruisers at one point and we all can probably remember the things we didn't know before we went on that first cruise.

My wife is afraid of heights, and deep water. We're going on our 5th cruise next Jan. Just think of flying as riding the bus and the turbulace is bumps in the road. I don't suggest taking any type of calm me down or sleeping pills, you'll miss the fun.

Go and have fun. Make sure you give us your review when you get back.

Archived