Just back from Infinity 1/8/06

rokzan

I am just back from the Infinity where we had a great time. My husband & I had a group of 20 friends & family sailing with us. Everyone had a great time. I was very surprised that no one had any complaints about anything. Several of our relatives from England had never cruised before. We gave them lots of info & pointers to enhance their experience & everyone enjoyed themselves.

We sailed on the Infinity in 2001, to Alaska. People say the Infinity is looking shabby & showing lots of wear & tear. I do not agree. She still looks great. We had a Concierge Class cabin #8087, which was in great shape. Our cabin steward Asep was exceptional. Our every need was taken care of. We had breakfast on the balcony every morning. While the eggs on the eggs benedict were a git overcooked, everything else was great. I usually ordered eggs over easy as they were perfectly prepared.

We had late seating dinner & enjoyed it every night. Our waiter Gede & his assistant Newman were incredible. Very attentive & hilarious!! The food was great every night. The pork loin (ended up being a chop) was incredible! Everyone raved about the soups nightly. We did not have anything that was luke warm or mediocre in quality.

Four of us Went to the United States restaurant one night. Dinner was delicious and service was over the top! We wished we could return another night. But we were obligated to spending time with our family and the dinner in the Trellis restaurant were so good, we really didn't miss anything.

For those of you who are being frightened by reports of the Infinity going downhill, please don't be afraid. The Infinity is a great ship. She is still very pretty & the service is great. Our English Uncle David asked if the crew goes to "friendly school" as everyone stopped their work & greeted you everywhere you went. It was really a wonderful time. So go! Sail on the Infinity & enjoy!

Archived