Games on the premium internet?

Futureman3000

Sailing the Pride in April.  Purchased the premium internet on 2 devices.  Yes, I have read that even with premium it is horrifically slow...  but I'm gonna try.  I need to stay in touch with work and so does the wife.  I usually take care of work stuff in the early AM so maybe the speeds will be better then.

My 2 boys ages 12 and 14 are freaking out at the idea of going without Fortnite for a whole week...  boo hoo, right?  (I can't wait to tear them away from the screens!)  I know the wifi would never support Fortnite, but will it support many of the phone games?

Yes, I plan on limiting their access to maybe an hour each day, but I'm positive my one son will be harping on me the entire week for access...  but will it even work??  He plays these Clash of Clans and SW Galaxy of Heroes and Marvel type games that require online access.  They are not streaming games but they do require internet.  When I'm sitting by the pool there's some games I play too... 

I know I will get responses saying that we need to totally unplug for the week...  but at least some limited access would be nice.  I could use it as a reward for dressing up on elegant nights (cause they're freaking out about that too).

The internet is supposed to be upgraded during the dry dock next month so it should be similar to that on the Horizon which is supposed to be significantly better. I don’t know about games but maybe someone who had the premium internet on the Horizon could tell you.

Hi!  I board the Pride next Sunday (1/27) and plan to purchase the premium internet for work as well.  I will report back in early Feb after our cruise! 😄. Although we are the last cruise before it’s upgrades at dry dock, so hopefully whatever I have, yours will only be better!  

54 minutes ago, silkhair1 said:

Think of it this way.  If the games don't work, you don't have to be the bad guy telling them they can't play.  They will figure that out quickly when the games don't work.  

Pretty much.  But I've been warning them in advance.