15-17yr Club - Splendor - Reviews?

rnr4thatsme

59 minutes ago, rnr4thatsme said:

Has anyone’s children attended this?   I see another review for Circle C on a different ship sounds as dismal as my past experience on RCI Navigator.

I have not been on the Splendor...but have been on many other Carnival ships with my teenage children in the past. In my past experience with my teens....They really didn't spend all day there. At this age group its more of a gathering spot unless there a specific planned activity they were interested in. You will find your teens will make friends quickly and hangout in groups during the day (sea days). In the evening it was more of a hangout for music , socializing and dancing. You will also see many teenagers hanging out in the buffet area and near the pizza area in evening ...again the group of friends they make just hangout together. They will have a blast regardless

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with lcpagejr.  It’s a meeting spot. Teens might do some of the formal activities but they tend to do the teen congregation thing in different places on the ship. Like the pizza place at 3am. 🤔

dont get get me started on the apparently unclear curfew to my teenager. 

I noticed I didn't see a curfew mentioned, which is strange as RCI has one and I personally am all for it.  My own son got shoo-ed back to his room by security when he was running late grabbing a water on the way back to his room one night.  I would think it would be better for security to have underaged passengers back in their room at a certain point - less possible problems to deal with.

There is none that I am aware of except what parents set and then my children ignored a couple of nights much to their dismay.  The 6 hr car ride home was very quiet and the week after the cruise was a painful one back at the house.  😆

I would imagine if security saw some dodgy and disruptive behavior or got complaints, they would intervene.  But in our case, the kids were just hanging out next to the pizza joint or in the closed bar areas. We still weren't pleased waking up at 3 and not finding them in the room. Grrrrr..