Help!! Leaving 1/28 VOS!!

siouxks

HELP! I am the original overpacker!!! :eek:

We leaving 1/28 on the VOS -- I need help finding an informative packing list with only the Must Havesnot would be a good idea if you brought items. I would bring all & then some. I am packing for myself, DH & children -- 8 & 2 yrs old. Suggestions from the board is welcomed too.

Also, for formal night does my DS need a jacket?? I have shirts w/ ties, but not jackets. He has no need for a suit, nor a jacket for other than this cruise -- would hate to spend the $, but yet, I wouldn't want him out of place either.

Assuming your son is the 8 year old, a tie will be more than fine. Don't waste any money on a suit.

As for packing, keep this in mind. You don't know any of the other passengers and you will probably never see any of them again. Therefore, if they see you in the same outfit more than once, who cares. If there are 2 formal nights bring one nice outfit with different accessories. One pair of dress shoes is more than enough. Your husband can wear the same suit twice. The key is not to think you need several outfits for each day. Some people think they need an outfit for breakfast, then a different outfit to go ashore, then a different outfit for the afternoon and then more formal clothes in the evening. Puleeassee. No matter where you are you will be wearing either shorts or a bathing suit during the day. The more stuff that you bring the more stuff you will never use. You will get home and unpack and realize you didn't use 3/4 of the stuff that you took. Figure out what you need and then leave 2/3 of it home since you will never use it anyway.

I agree with super j. go light and you can always have a few things laundered for a small fee if absolutely necessary.

If you need a trick, invest in a few spacesaver bags. They are watertight plastic and come in various sizes. Close the vacumm seal (like a big ziplock bag), roll out the air, and voila - you can compress your clothes into like half the size. Its really good for things like tshirts, shorts, bathing suits. You can find these bags at a good outdoor store (REI, EMS) at $20 for 21 bags (one medium, one large).

I am doing back to back Voyager starting 1/28 so maybe I will see you onboard!

The following expectation can be found on RCI’s Web Page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and the remainder are casual nights.

5 – night cruises include one formal and the remainder casual nights.

6 – night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder are casual nights .

7 to 9-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights are casual nights.

10 to13-night cruises include two formal nights and two smart casual nights, and the remainder are casual nights.

14+ -night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights and the remainder are casual nights.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

Archived