Book Tours with Nacho and Cynthia!!

Run*Bike*Swim

My wife and I just returned from a cruise aboard the Grand Princess. We were fortunate to have an itinerary change that allowed us to be in Belize the entire day. We had heard of Nacho & Cynthia on Cruise Critic, and looked for them when we tendered. We found them and arranged to do the Arial Trek & Cave Tube combo tour.

Unfortunately, the group that Nacho & Cynthia were waiting for never arrived so we had the treat of a personal tour!

We enjoyed the drive to the resort, with Nacho pointing out the sights along the way and Cynthia displaying her expert driving skills in hectic traffic!

Stepping into the rainforest was like stepping into another world. The air was cool and moist and the trees blocked the sun. We thoroughly enjoyed the zipline trek and then, with Cynthia and our guide Pedro, made our way to the river with inner tubes. On a leisurely float down the river through the easy current, we went through several caves. Our guides pointed out many things to see. It ended too soon!

Afterward, we made our way to the Jaguar Paw Resort for a nice lunch of chicken, beans & rice, and cole slaw, with a cold Coke.

Our drive back into town included a tour of downtown Belize and the many shops and government buildings.

When we arrived at the port, we reluctantly said our goodbyes, with a promise to see each other again on our next trip!

ps...just to let you know what kind of people are Nacho & Cynthia; my wife and I were not planning to do the combo tour when we left the ship so we didn't bring enough $$, we were about $45 short. Nacho said not to worry about it, he gave me his address and would trust me to mail it to him after we returned to the States. How many tour guides will do that???:)

Here is their website http://www.ncqadventuretours.com

thanks for the review!!! We are going on this tour next week off of the Carnival Valor and I can't wait!

can you tell me how long you were in port? and how long the trip took. Basically Carnival tenders can be tricky and although I have plans to get off the ship 1st thing - in case my plans fail and I can't get our group on to the early tender I want to know if we will be ok with the "regular" early tender.....ya know the non-book with carnival for oyur excursion penalty.

Only a few more days and I get ot be in Belize with Nacho and Cynthia!!!!

Archived