Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland review

winter_escape

Just back from a cruise on RCCL Radiance of the Seas and wanted to post our experience with the Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland. I reserved a room for one night pre cruise on the Hampton inn web site at the promotional “hit the road” room rate. It was $111.60 plus taxes of 14.51 for a total bill of $126.11 for the Saturday night 1/7/2006.

I have always been pleased with Hampton Inn hotels and this property lived up to my expectations. The room was clean, the lobby staff courteous and efficient, and the breakfast was very good.

The two main reasons I chose this property were my positive impressions of Hampton Inn’s and the free airport and cruise port shuttle. As our flight arrived too late, 9:30 Pm, to plan any sightseeing in Miami we just wanted a room and transportation to the cruise port the following day.

You must call the hotel for the Airport shuttle once you have collected your luggage, we called and we were fortunate that the shuttle was at the airport already and came back around to collect us; our wait time was less than 10 min. The shuttle was full but provided a comfortable and quick 20 min ride to the hotel.

The Hotel-airport shuttle has limited hours, make sure your flights fall within the shuttle hours of operation, had our flights been delayed we would have missed the last shuttle.

When you check in to the hotel they schedule you for a cruise port shuttle time. They currently have two hotel-cruise port runs per day, one at 9:30 Am and one at 11:00 Am. The 9:30 AM shuttle was filled so we were scheduled for the 11:00 shuttle. When we checked out it became obvious that they had way over booked the shuttle to the cruise port for 11:00. We were lucky and got seats but two couples were very upset & frustrated that they had been told they were on the 11:00 am shuttle but no seats were available. I am told that a taxi from this hotel to the cruise port is about $40.

We were very satisfied with our stay at this Hampton Inn and the transportation provided, BUT if I had been left standing watching the 11:00 Am cruise port shuttle drive off after reserving seats this review would not be as favorable. Curious about the outcome of the folks that were left off the shuttle I called the hotel and asked how it was resolved. Candice informed me that the hotel offered to run another shuttle at 12:30 to take them to the port but they did not want to wait so they took a taxi.

Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland

8200 SW 70 AVE

MIAMI, Florida 33143

Phone: 1-305-269-0072

Fax: 1-305-269-1060

Lucy55, Thanks for also posting your comments, you must be the two that were headed out on the Carnival Cruise? Hope you had a great week.

According to Candice who answered the front desk phone yesterday the hotel did not pay for the taxi, the only "solution" they offered was to run the shuttle again at 12:30.

I stand corrected. I thought the remaining family was going to push for them to pay for the taxi. Yes, we were the last two to get the shuttle. The remaining family had 4 or 5 people. Interestingly Hampton Inn guarantees your stay is satisfactory or they pay for the room. We were happy with the hotel. I asked the man at the desk whether they ever paid up for unsatisfied customers and he said yes. Well I think they should have the shuttle if they promise it. Actually, I am staying at another Hampton Inn at Ft. Lauderdale in March and I am going to call ahead and see what they do if they have too many people for the shuttle. The worst case is you have to pay a taxi fare.

Archived