In Mid April

UndcvrNana

Curious if anyone has traveled in mid April.  Last time I went was in October, it was fabulous.  I know might be cool, but still go to beach?  Also, does ferry still run, I noticed the schedule started at end of April.  Any help appreciated!

Curious if anyone has traveled in mid April.  Last time I went was in October, it was fabulous.  I know might be cool, but still go to beach?  Also, does ferry still run, I noticed the schedule started at end of April.  Any help appreciated!

Mid April is not considered beach weather in Bermuda but some people can handle doing the beach then. It depends on what you are used to. Personally I need both warmer air and warmer water temp.  

They have two seasonal ferry schedules, the winter schedule and the summer schedule. The summer schedule has been going into effect at the end of April and the winter schedule has been going into effect the end of October. The exact date the summer schedule will go into effect has usually not been known until a few days before it starts. The main difference between the winter and summer schedule is that the Orange Route to St. George’s does not run in the winter. The ferry to Hamilton does run all year. Sometimes to accommodate out of season cruise ships they have a supplemental schedule and run ferries to St. George’s that are not on the regular winter schedule. But can not count on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really wish the Orange would run on the weekends.  We're in port from 1pm Saturday until 2:30pm Sunday.  We did a land vacation a few years back and have been craving these amazing cinnamon rolls from a shop in St. Georges.  You have to get there early as they sell out quick, so we wanted to get up and out first thing Sunday morning.  But to take the bus from the Dockyard will take forever and we will most likely not make it in time from the other side of the island.  We will be arriving too late on Saturday for the cinnamon rolls as well. 

22 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

I really wish the Orange would run on the weekends.  We're in port from 1pm Saturday until 2:30pm Sunday.  We did a land vacation a few years back and have been craving these amazing cinnamon rolls from a shop in St. Georges.  You have to get there early as they sell out quick, so we wanted to get up and out first thing Sunday morning.  But to take the bus from the Dockyard will take forever and we will most likely not make it in time from the other side of the island.  We will be arriving too late on Saturday for the cinnamon rolls as well. 

Are they open on Sunday?  I thought most shops were closed on Sunday in Bermuda.

2 hours ago, Kmermaid said:

Are they open on Sunday?  I thought most shops were closed on Sunday in Bermuda.

Many stores are closed but they don't all close. They have to pay a fee to be open on Sunday. If they can make that back they may be open. Some restaurants stay open. Many stores in the Dockyard will be open since they have the captive  tourist business. 

Edited by Charles4515