Tortola - Help!

dawn Feb 2

I'm looking for information on Tortola from anyone who's been. We're not looking to do a set excursion here, just want to find a nice beach with amenities.

I have read some good & bad things about Cane Garden on the Port of Call thread and would love further information on Cane Garden or other beaches/resorts.

Thanks!

One of the most beautiful beaches in (our World) was in Tortola. We took a cab from the dock over the hills (scary but beautiful) to a great beach, it's been on calenders!! I don't remember the name but I remember the Horseshoe shape and the wonderfull people from Tortola we met!! Also enjoy a rum from Pusser's !!! .....Enjoy!

Cheers....Fred&Tracie

I'm looking for information on Tortola from anyone who's been. We're not looking to do a set excursion here, just want to find a nice beach with amenities.

I have read some good & bad things about Cane Garden on the Port of Call thread and would love further information on Cane Garden or other beaches/resorts.

Thanks!

We took a taxi to Cane Garden Beach from the cruise dock...I think it was about $6.00 per person each way. The taxi's there mostly seem to be the kind where they convert a big truck into benches in the back. The roads there are steep and windy and the ride there was "interesting", but beautiful!!! The beach itself was very pretty, but busy. They had at least one restaurant as well as kayak boogie board and skim board rentals, snorkeling equipment rentals, beach chair (nice loungers for $5.00) ice cream and some typical vendor type stalls. It was my kids favority beach second only to Trunk Bay. It was very crowded there on the beach, but it was very nice. We had thought about going to Brewer's Bay as the snorkeling is supposed to be better there, but I had read about the possibility of rough surf and possible rip currents there in the winter months, so we opted for Cane Garden instead.

Archived