Amber Cove Excursion Wheelchair Questions?

bambilin

We have never been to Amber Cove before, will be there in August with our group of 65 on the Breeze.  We are booked on a snorkeling trip through Carnival, but there are about 20 people in our group that would like to do a sightseeing excursion, possibly with some beach time.  One in our group can get in and out of a vehicle with assistance and walk short distances, but does rely on a manual wheelchair.

My folks would be willing to book directly with Carnival but they are not offering any excursions with wheelchair access. I did email Carnival to see if they will add any, but have not yet heard back. I am currently looking into private tour operators for my friends but am wondering how long of a walk is it from the ship to where outside tour guides can meet the groups for independent tours.  I have seen some posts indicating it's a 15-20 minute walk.  A 20 minute walk might be a bit too much in August even for some of the people who have no problem walking.  LOL

Can anyone who has been tell me how far the walk actually is?  If anyone has had experience with a wheelchair accessible tour, that information would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks!     

• 4 years later...