Non-Swimmer at Stingray City?

cruise.mode

The stingrays sound awesome, but I'm not a swimmer! My son and husband are -- they'd love to do this, but I don't want to spoil it for them. Do you think this is still do-able for me? It wouldn't bother me a bit to sit on the edge of the boat while they went in the water.

Thanks!

There were a couple of people on our tour who never got in the water. They sat on the ledge that runs along the back of the boat. We used Captain Marvin's and had a ball!

The first time we went, there were a lot of other boats in the area, and where we were the water was up to my chin (I'm 5'). This last week, we were the only boat, and we were in an area that was about to my hips. Either way, I'd do it. It's amazing! If you don't want to get in, a crew member will bring a stingray over to you. They also have life jackets if it would make you feel more comfortable being in the water.

Have fun! :)

Here are some pictures from our excursion on the Buccaneer: http://community.webshots.com/album/530801710NJTzFf As you see, the sandbar is not deep. You can stand there comfortably and not worry about swimming. Give it a try. Those stingrays are soft like satin and love to rub up against you like cats. I even kissed one for 7 year's good luck!

Check out this thread for a fabulous picture: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=272940

Archived