Chartered flights baggage allowance

Karon0115

Has anyone taken a chartered flight from Birmingham to Barbados the luggage allowance is 23 kg for a suitcase and 5kg for hand luggage going with Tui on P&O cruise. But Tom chartered flight looking on Tui website it states that your handbag and any purchases you make at the airport have to go into your hand luggage. With only 5 kg any way it doesn’t leave much room for overnight clothes medication and that just in case my suitcase doesn’t arrive attire.

has anyone had any experience of this? It doesn’t state it on my cruise personaliser but when I phoned TA she confirmed it.

That is my experience, any purchases I make at the airport go in my carry on.

Interesting that TUI charters for P&O have a 23/5 Kg mix and TUI charters for Marella have a 20/7 Kg mix, not that it matters to me as my suitcase for a 14 nighter will weigh about 14 Kg!.

The same rules apply wherever you fly from on these charters so nearly everyone manages it.   It's really not a problem,  you just need to take what is necessary rather than lots of stuff.  We just take a shorts and flip flops for when you get there.  Change of pants and top but we wear the trousers, shoes etc we travel in to dinner.  So tired anyway and cases always have arrived by the time we want to go to bed.       

It is possible to buy extra allowance,  we are going from BMX to Barbados next month.  Three to five days prior, you can ring Tui and buy extra five or ten kg.

all you need is your booking ref, cruise number and credit card!

When we've bought duty free at the airport - Gatwick - when we've gone to the gate we've just put the duty free bag inside our carry on bag - easier if it's not a closed case.  We've never had the bag weighed a second time at the gate and have got on without any problem.  Having said that I've seen particularly women go through the gate with a shoulder type hand bag on their shoulder and carrying a bag as well.  I usually have passport, money, tickets etc in a small wallet type bag which goes in my carry on bag.  I've always found it easier to have a squashy type carry on bag rather than a hard sided wheeled case - usually weighs less too.