Amsterdam Port

vacay77

Hi, everyone.  My family and I will be in Amsterdam this summer, just for the day.  I'm looking at shore excursions and I'd like to see windmills, but I also want to see the city and take a canal cruise.  It looks like there is a shore excursion to windmills that lasts for about 4 or 4 1/2 hours.  The cruise doesn't depart until the evening.  Is the port close to the city itself?  I'm not familiar with Amsterdam at all.  What I'd like to do is take the windmill tour, then go back in the city to walk around a bit and take a canal cruise.  Would this be easily doable?

Yes the port is very close to city center. You can walk in about 15 minutes to Centraal Station, or take tramnr. 26 for a short ride.  In front of the station you will see canalboatcruises offered. Most of them last about 1 hour.

Also it is easy to get to Zaanse Schans with many windmills (most of them working and you can enter them for a fee), either get a trrain to station Koog Zaanse Schans, that will last about 20 minutes. From therewalk for about 15 minutes. Or take busnr. 391 for about 30/40 minutes which comes very close to Zaanse Schans.,

https://www.dezaanseschans.nl/en/

• Like 1