hotel recommendations near port canaveral

tktktk

We were on the Mariner a year and a half ago ( May 2004) Beautiful Ship!! We stayed at the Radisson at the Port. We had my inlaws with us and we had a suite with two rooms and a kitchenette, Around $120.00 ( Travelocity) We thought it was very nice and I am very picky when it comes to hotel rooms ( I drive my husband crazy )

It worked out well for us. We had a rental car . We took the rest of our party to the port which is five minutes away. You can even see her when you get up in the morning. The return was only a mile down from the hotel and they took us to the port immediately. The hotel also has a shuttle to the port.

hope this helps

Kim

Appreciate any recommendations on hotels close to Port Canaveral. Looking for something fairly close. Thanks! (Going on the Mariner of the Seas in June).

If you have any kids with you I would suggest the Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort. They have a great pool with a waterslide and lazy river as well as beach access and a view of the port.

I am looking for info as well. Does anyone have any experience with DoubleTree? We are also looking at the two new hotels, Residence Inn and Four Points by Sheraton...any info on either of these? We stayed at the Radisson a few years ago, and while it was nice we'd like to try something else.We are going on the Mariner in July and Ron Jon's has no availability. Does anyone have positive experiences with anything other than the Radisson? Once again...not knocking the Radisson, just want to try something else and branch out.

Mimi........we are on the Mariner July 23rd.........how about you?

I am waiting for the new Residence Inn to open in March before I book a hotel. It will be the closest to the port/ships. They havent offered any photos yet or cruise specials. Hopefully, they will pretty soon.

Hi NoVa Mimi, we're on the same cruise. I saw you on the Mariner roll call board. I'm also looking for a place to stay the night before. My brother is a frequent traveler and he's looking into getting us a room with his "points." No telling where we'll be! :rolleyes:

I called the new Residence Inn for our cruise on April 2, and they told me they were not taking any reservations until the end of April....even though that differs from the web page says...

Hmmm, I have read on other threads/boards that people have already called and booked rooms there?? I still want to wait a bit longer to get some feedback and pictures.

Thanks everyone! :)

Ciship, we're going on the July 9 sailing, and I agree with you, I'd like to know what folks think of the Residence Inn prior to booking. Momm4544, when you find out where you're staying, let us know. We'll also be able to meet at the M&M onboard. Any word on the new Four Points from anyone? Also, the DoubleTree might be nice as they just had a large repair/remodel from the hurricane(s). The Hilton won't let us reserve on line for our date, July 8, as it states there are no available rooms which I thought was kind of weird.

Yes, we currently have rooms reserved at the Residence Inn for our late April cruise. I reserved them on 1/11/06. Still looking to see if we can get a better deal. The rooms were not cheap but we have the 2 bedrooms with a pulllout so we are splitting them 3 ways!

Yes, we currently have rooms reserved at the Residence Inn for our late April cruise. I reserved them on 1/11/06. Still looking to see if we can get a better deal. The rooms were not cheap but we have the 2 bedrooms with a pulllout so we are splitting them 3 ways!

Hey KCDAN, I have lived in Kansas City most all my life. Glad to see you on here. When are you leaving on your cruise? What ship? Will you PLEASE post a review of the Residence in when you return.......and take pictures too!

We don't have our cruise until late July on the Mariner of the Seas.

ciship in KC

We stayed at the Radisson in Pt. Canaveral in June 2004. Yes, it is very close to the port, and we saw the Mariner arriving in the early a.m. My ship finally came in, and wow, was she beautiful!

We were a little disappointed with the hotel on two counts. Maybe they were just having a bad day, but the common areas weren't all that clean. Dirty room service dishes sat in the hallways and landing areas of the staircases the whole time we were there (and we arrived the day before sailing). Also, waiting for and eventually boarding the shuttle was very disorganized. Took us way too long to get on the Mariner. Wouldn't stay there again. Sorry I can't give you a better report.

Is the new Residence Inn the hotel that is being built next to the Raddison?

Yes, the Residence Inn will be next to the Radisson, but closer to the port. I have also read/heard that the Residence will now be blocking the view of the ships from the Radisson......but, don't have first hand info on that one yet.

we stayed at cocoa beach oceanside inn. Not top of the line, but right next to the beach and the cocoa beach pier. It was cheap and great for the price. Centrally located on the road, there was a walgreens down the road, great resturants, we loved it.

Archived