Parking at Honolulu port

trish99

We'll be on the Grand to Hawaii in April.  We're renting a car in Honolulu for the day (in port until 11 that night).  We want to have a nice local dinner somewhere.   My question is, is there parking at the cruise terminal if we want to go back to the ship to clean up for dinner?  Or would we be better off returning the car ahead of time and Ubering to dinner (6 in our party)?

Our most recent experience was 7 years ago (Dec 2011,) so I cannot give you an up to date answer.  We found parking more or less across the street, in parking garage.  But it was a long time ago and much has likely changed.  

For time constraints, I'd be inclined to return the car and Uber.  We are doing the Diamond Head Luau that night; it ends at 8:30, so I'll drop the others off, take our minivan to the airport and Uber back.  

Thanks.  I think we'll most likely just return the car before we go out for dinner.  Budget says their last shuttle is at 8:30.  And this way we dont have to worry about a designated driver if we want to have some cocktails out.