Coral world

Mrsdigi

My husband and I are scuba diving in the morning and will come get the kids and my adult niece from the ship when we get back-12:30 ish.  Would we have enough time to get a taxi to coral world and explore the included attractions and get back by 4.  Harmony leaves at 5

Not sure where you are scuba diving but Coki Beach is literally next to Coral World and even has a walkway between them.  They rent snorkel and scuba equipment at Coki.

We are tentatively planning on doing that to save time but might take another taxi to Sapphire Beach if Coki is crowded (it is a small beach area).

One option (if practical) would be to have the Niece just bring the kids via taxi to CW and meet them there, either from Coki or other beach.  It's really easy to navigate and since St. Thomas is USVI in most cases your cells will work to coordinate.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, Mrsdigi said:

My husband and I are scuba diving in the morning and will come get the kids and my adult niece from the ship when we get back-12:30 ish.  Would we have enough time to get a taxi to coral world and explore the included attractions and get back by 4.  Harmony leaves at 5

Not sure where you are diving, but we are diving with Peter from Coki Dive when in St. Thomas less than 4 weeks today.  We will then spend the rest of the day either at Coki and Coral World (or take a short cab ride to Lindquist beach if Coki is too busy for us).

Taking half an hour to go back and forth to the ship will eat up a good portion of your afternoon.  What about taking the kids and your adult niece to Coki beach with you, let them enjoy the beach and snorkel there while you do a couple dives with Peter.  Then you can join them right after without having to go back to the ship and waste an hour.  Coral World is right there.

I dove with Peter about 10 years ago for a night shore dive there, so I am looking forward to diving with him again.  Four of my relatives are doing the first two of their four open water dives to finish off their certification there, including my 10 year old daughter.

14 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Not sure where you are diving, but we are diving with Peter from Coki Dive when in St. Thomas less than 4 weeks today.  We will then spend the rest of the day either at Coki and Coral World (or take a short cab ride to Lindquist beach if Coki is too busy for us).

Taking half an hour to go back and forth to the ship will eat up a good portion of your afternoon.  What about taking the kids and your adult niece to Coki beach with you, let them enjoy the beach and snorkel there while you do a couple dives with Peter.  Then you can join them right after without having to go back to the ship and waste an hour.  Coral World is right there.

I dove with Peter about 10 years ago for a night shore dive there, so I am looking forward to diving with him again.  Four of my relatives are doing the first two of their four open water dives to finish off their certification there, including my 10 year old daughter.

Thank you.  We are diving with the cruiseline (at Coke) so we will have to go separately from them in the morning.  I suppose we could just all take a taxi later to get back to the ship.

14 hours ago, Mrsdigi said:

Thank you.  We are diving with the cruiseline (at Coke) so we will have to go separately from them in the morning.  I suppose we could just all take a taxi later to get back to the ship.

Totally up to you, but if I were you and going to Coki to dive anyways using the ship's tour, I would cancel it and book directly with Peter from Coki Divers.  It would be a lot less money likely and your entire group could travel to Coki together in the morning and then back from Coki after seeing Coral World in the afternoon.  They charge $105 for 2 boat dives and $80 for 2 shore dives, including all rental equipment.  I do not know how that compares to the rate you are getting.  I also do not know how old your children are, but Coki Dive Centre also offers a Discover Scuba program with one shore dive for $80 as well.  That is how we introduced several members of our family to diving and now 4 of them will be getting certified when we visit Coki next month on our cruise and 3 others will be doing the Discover Scuba again for the second time since they enjoyed it so much last time.