Camp Carnival Age Restrictions

clbkatz

Has anyone had a child that was under the minimum 2 year age limit that Carnival let participate in the Kid's Program anyway? I have a child who is 3 months shy of being 2 and I want to know if they will allow her to particiapte in the program along with her other siblings. How strict are they about this issue? Thanks for your assistance!

Christina

Cut and pasted directly from Carnival's Camp Carnival FAQ:

Program for infants, ages 4 months-23 months Hours on Sea Days. Infants under 24 months (2 years) may not participate in any scheduled activities taking place in Camp Carnival. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.

Camp Carnival FAQ

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

There are also issues with un-pottytrained kids. They will not take them except for the special hours for 4mos - 23 months, no exceptions.

Laura

Carnival Fantasy - 04/90 - Honeymoon! * Imagination * Victory * Destiny * Triumph * Golden Princess 04/02 * RCCL Brilliance 04/03 * Carnival Legend 04/13/04

My son was 3 weeks shy of his 2nd birthday last April and they would not take him. He is 2 now, and in November and this March he was able to go to camp carnival during the day with the 2 - 5 year olds. He is not potty trained it is not an issue with Carnival. They will glady take their diaper bag and change them as needed. As far as I can tell all the other lines require age 3 and fully potty trained.

Amy

Victory 1-01

Zenith 1-02

Victory 4-03

Victory 11-03

To reiterate...you must be two to attend Camp Carnival but you do not need to be potty trained. HOWEVER on the Elation the staff would page us if our son needed changed.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival is great about changing children under two and over two. They record each diaper check and what the result is. They will not let you in even if your birthday is during the week of the cruise. You must be two by the time the cruise sails. We have timed our cruises around this many times.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Archived